Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Savestates and Free Look
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jrx1

Hello. Before I reinstalled my Windows, I used to do this:

1.Save state
2.Change Camera through Dolphin's Free Look option
3.Load the saved state (and it loaded while Camera stayed as previously)

Now after I reinstalled my Windows, whenever I make a Save State, Change Camera and then Load it, the camera returns back to normal as well. I'm not sure whether any of my Dolphin config files were lost after reinstalling my Windows, as I have everything on my D:\ drive.

Can someone tell me how do I make it that the Camera stays the same as I set it, even after loading other saved states? Thanks.

EDIT: Checked Dolphin r7590 and it works there, but on the most recent version there is the problem I have described. Please help me fix it.
If you think this is a regression, search for a similar issue or open a new one in the issue tracker. Here in the forums we don't offer support to anything older than the latest stable release (currently at 4.0.2)...
By the way, if it is a regression, and you do make a bug report, it'll be a lot more likely to get looked at if you can specify the specific revision which broke it. The fastest way to find this out is to download a build about halfway between r7000 and 4.0-1351, test that, and if it's broken, test a build halfway between r7000 and your middle ground test build etc. This will save you a huge amount of time, even though there are thousands of commits in that interval.
I think a better question is whether or not savestates are supposed to save freelook position.

Jrx1

I'm not sure if this is regression or just something is wrong in my configuration at the moment @_@

(04-05-2014, 04:02 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I think a better question is whether or not savestates are supposed to save freelook position.

It would be better if they didn't, as you can save state during an action sequence, change camera and then reload the save to take a nice screenshot.
(04-05-2014, 04:02 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I think a better question is whether or not savestates are supposed to save freelook position.

Yes, they absolutely should. One of the biggest uses for it is for tasing, really, and if it's not saved, it's useless for that purpose.