Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OC'ed 4770K tested on Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Setup:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC)
Dolphin 4.0 (1146) x64
3x IR+ DX11

Specs:
Intel Core i7 4770K OC'ed at 4.6GHz cache ratio 43
EVGA GTX 780 Ti 3GB 1006/1750 (stock)
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB DDR3 2666MHz
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512GB
Noctua NH-U14S w/Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Premium
Asus Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150 Z87

Lowest fps recorded in Hyrule field is exactly 24 fps and can get as high as 28. The average fps when roaming hyrule is 25- 26 fps.
[Image: 33ur48z.jpg]

In Hyrule field:
- 32 fps when bring up the weapon menus
- 24 - 26 fps when fighting enemies
- 28 fps map menu

I have attached a savestate if anyone want compare Big Grin Savestate and link is provided by Lucario. Thanks man
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lzb1t4...GZ2E01.s01
How do you run it on DX11? And also, what exactly do you think is giving you acceptable performance? I have similar settings with a i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz and the game is slow even when in small instanced areas. I have it on Direct3D and no AA and 3xNative IR. But even on lower IR and switching EFB and some other stuff off, it still runs slow and still looks like utter crap.
Under Graphics on Dolphin's main screen, the first drop down is the graphics backend. You can use that to switch over to D3D.

Twilight Princess is a demanding game. Your older CPU can't handle it.

The game gets even more demanding at higher IR
I wonder if The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess is more demanding than The Last Story.
I wonder if this is now the single most demanding game in dolphin... especially with HLE now working on many ZeldaUcode games it formerly did not work in.

Anyone have anything that's a higher requirement than this?
The last story.
The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles aren't demanding (even with idle skipping disabled) based on my specs. I'd say LoZ Hyrule is the #1 demanding game on Dolphin emulator.
I don't understand, assuming that you're using Pal version of Twilight Princess this fps is totally normal. The framelimit is 25 and will be maintained for 100% emulation speed, also try using LLE as recommended by the wiki.
Only Hyrule Field is very demanding. The rest of the game isn't that demanding. A lot of games are much more demanding.

Actually a lot of games are very demanding. But these are less "plebiscited" games so there are less conversations about them on the forum
lol I dont know. I think my processor does a good job. I can run plenty of other games just fine. Of course, I do understand that this IS emulation and that thats just a limitation but I can run a bunch of other more modern games on the Wii just fine. How is it that a GC game is wrecking so much havoc? lol.
Pages: 1 2