Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: XXX BMX Audio fix...and a question..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I could not at all figure out how to get XXX BMX's audio to work properly for the longest time. I had my DSP settings on HLE mode....If I set the frame limiter to 60 FPS the audio became a tad garbled...if I set the frame limiter to "Audio", the audio would be corrected but the frame rate on both the VPS and FPS counts would be at 95 FPS...In order to compensate I had to set my DSP setting to use LLE mode and it worked just fine.

Is it just the game that does that or could it be that the timing in the HLE setting is a tad wrong? My guess is that it is the game that does it, but if anyone knowledgeable of the matter could inform me on how this might be implemented to speed up other games similarly I would be grateful. The LLE setting may be more accurate to actual GamewCube audio settings for certain games.
Please report this issue to the issue tracker, http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/list

LLE is more accurate and will always be more accurate, but issues like this need to be reported so that HLE can work better.
(04-02-2014, 02:02 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Please report this issue to the issue tracker, http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/list

LLE is more accurate and will always be more accurate, but issues like this need to be reported so that HLE can work better.

I also have an idea for a fix to the major slowdown facing Metroid Prime....I noticed that OpenGL has better distance drawing speed, but when it comes to ray casting effects on Samus's visor (ie water), it sinks. D3D11 back end works beautifully with it...but trades that off with a very slight issue of z-fog distance causing huge slowdowns...The OpenGL draw distance works within acceptable boundaries of 40 to 60 real time FPS...but D3D slows down considerably...Is there a way to make the handling of distant objects the same since D3D calls distant objects in a similar way to OpenGL? Is there a way a small hack can be added to affect draw distance in games that use alpha passes for z-buffering?
I see no reason why your speed issues on D3D would be specifically caused by long draw distances or fog, nor do I see any reason why OpenGL would specifically do better at that. Don't jump to conclusions too quickly. If anything, I'd guess it's because D3D doesn't currently have/use any equivalent to ARB_buffer_storage or AMD_pinned_memory, two near-identical GL features/extensions that speed up Dolphin a fuckton.

The rain/water visor effects may or may not be ray-casting, I forget what exactly they look like and what ray-casting would imply. I do know that they're framebuffer effects, the game uses EFB to RAM by default (dunno 'bout the rain/water, but the visors require RAM), and that OpenGL has a slower codepath for EFB to RAM.

Also, good luck asking the devs to add a hack. They tend not to care about typical forumers' performance issues.
Rain/water slowdown affects EFB2Texture as well.