Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Do you have lag using Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Akkain

Hi people,
First, sorry for my robotic english, i am brazilian, im hoping that are you understanding.
Do you have lag using dolphin?
-You: yes
Today im gonna make a tutorial
-Administrator: oh, another useless post
I have a 2gb ram 2008-manufactured lenovo notebook, and i am constantly tried to have dolphin at full speed.
-You: OH RLY?
i never found better builds for old Pc's than 3.5-125 and 3.5-367, dolphin 4.0 upwards are to laggy.
-Administrator: oh man are you using a unofficial dolphin build?
if you have lag, bet you have searched for some optimized dolphin versions. finally i am able to run IES (Inazuma Eleven Strikers) At a decent fps
-You: ok, you are running at full speed a 4.437gb game
I never said that was at full speed. after all, the best speed that i have its from a optimized build
-You: Download Link! Download Link!
I do not know if it is allowed direct links for unofficial versions, all credits for ExtremeDude's work for that build
Here, on her site you can find a way to download a funcional ver. for you
https://sites.google.com/site/ryancollin...lds/builds
-You:Some of that site downloads are with a annoying installer
Try the last GIT version,i use that
-You: My emulator just freeze when i try to open files
its a 3.5 normal problem, open as admin (right click, open file as administrator)
-You: I'm still lag and i am using that build
Try disable the fog
-Thx Bro!
I was going to yell at you till I saw you posted my old crappy builds XD
Anyone's free to use whatever build he or she wants. Everyone has to accept the forum rules, however, which means that builds below 4.0 are not supported on the forums, and custom builds are only supported as far as the providers (like ED2 above) want to support them (i.e. ED2 is the only one able to support you with his builds, the rest of the forum will not). 3.5-xxx builds (even those built by ED2) are full of crappy bugs (some of them game-breaking), so it's not a panacea for all users' problems (or even most users' problems).

And disabling Fog emulation really shouldn't give a speed boost. If you think it does, it's probably a placebo.
I'd like to point out the bugs he speaks of are not likely my fault :p, but rather because the builds are old
Just get a better computer . Problem solved !

Akkain

-Shonumi: And disabling Fog emulation really shouldn't give a speed boost. If you think it does, it's probably a placebo.
Hmm... i dont know if it really makes a difference on decent computers, but that is written in dolphin:
"Improves Performance but cause glitches in most games which rely on proper fog animation"
And sorry for da useless post, i was just happy bcuz im running dolphin games w/ no lag, and i want to share my happiness
That's the old description of the Disable Fog option, and it's not very accurate about what disabling Fog emulation actually does. Neobrain et. al. changed the descriptions for a lot of things just before 4.0 went live, and recent revisions make no reference to improving performance when Fog is disabled.

It's not like I'm mad at anyone's "useless post", just I have to point out why we don't support old builds (it's my job after all). Like I said, everyone's free to use what they want, and if you can run games fullspeed to your liking, that's cool. Just don't ask for support on unsupported builds Wink
Technically you don't own the rights for copies downloaded by other sources. You are only allowed to make backups for personal use. I'm only saying this because you needlessly supplied that disclaimer as if anyone really cares.
Umm, that's pretty off topic since no one else mentioned downloading games. But yes, downloading games from the internet is piracy, and we don't condone piracy.

(Did you mean to post somewhere else?)
Can someone help me?
I have :intel i3 3227u 1.9ghz
intel hd 4000
4gb ram

So can i play inazuma eleven strikers
Pages: 1 2