Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Macbook pro i7 3720+GT650m is good enough to run?And Audio Stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Macbook pro
Intel® Core™ i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz (Turbo Boost3.6GHz?)
nvida GT650m & Intel HD Graphics 4000
4G*2
SSD500G

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 :just 20-25FPS
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword:just 20FPS
Wii Sports Resort CHT:50-55fps
Raving Rabbids GO HOME:crash after some time……

Is that normal?

test versions:dolphin 3.5 OSX

and 4.0-x has a audio problem……Audio Stuttering

thx
4.0 doesn't have an audio problem, 3.5 does! The audio is running faster than the gameplay!

You may run faster if you use Windows, other than that, I think that's the framerate you should expect in those games.
(03-31-2014, 07:45 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]4.0 doesn't have an audio problem, 3.5 does! The audio is running faster than the gameplay!

You may run faster if you use Windows, other than that, I think that's the framerate you should expect in those games.

4.0's audio ,it was stuttering .

Should I change my audio settings to use DSP-LLE ?

thx.
If the game isn't full speed, the game is stuttering. If the game is stuttering, then rightfully, the audio should be stuttering. If the audio wasn't stuttering, as it wasn't in 3.5, it'd cause problems in tons of games, including various crashes. This is the correct emulation. If you don't want stuttering audio, find a way to run the games full speed.
(04-01-2014, 07:29 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If the game isn't full speed, the game is stuttering. If the game is stuttering, then rightfully, the audio should be stuttering. If the audio wasn't stuttering, as it wasn't in 3.5, it'd cause problems in tons of games, including various crashes. This is the correct emulation. If you don't want stuttering audio, find a way to run the games full speed.

Full speed was difficult by i7-3720, even in the windows7.
(03-31-2014, 06:34 PM)lisi31415926 Wrote: [ -> ]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 :just 20-25FPS
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword:just 20FPS
Wii Sports Resort CHT:50-55fps
Raving Rabbids GO HOME:crash after some time……

These are demanding games. You have few/no chance to run them full-speed with your laptop
(04-02-2014, 10:33 AM)lisi31415926 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2014, 07:29 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If the game isn't full speed, the game is stuttering. If the game is stuttering, then rightfully, the audio should be stuttering. If the audio wasn't stuttering, as it wasn't in 3.5, it'd cause problems in tons of games, including various crashes. This is the correct emulation. If you don't want stuttering audio, find a way to run the games full speed.

Full speed was difficult by i7-3720, even in the windows7.

I think if I can turn on the turbo boost and lock it to 3.6GHz in MAC OSX,it is possible to run in full speed. But I could not find a turboboost software like throttle stop in MAC...