Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is 4770k @ 4.25GHz enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dud CPU .. unable to overclock over 4.4 without ridiculous temps, will 4.25 be enough run all games smoothly?
You sure the issue isn't a dud heatsink?

Also, big important question—what games are you trying to run?
It should be enough. But what you really need is to check your heatsink and reapply thermal paste if necessary (mostly).
(03-30-2014, 08:46 AM)AutoFire Wrote: [ -> ]You sure the issue isn't a dud heatsink?

Also, big important question—what games are you trying to run?

I have considered, I'm using H100i and the LED glows pink, sometimes even red. Current overclock temps 30c idle and maxing at 80c, will be playing a few games Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1/2 and considering buying Metroid Prime Trilogy to play.

(03-30-2014, 08:54 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]It should be enough. But what you really need is to check your heatsink and reapply thermal paste if necessary (mostly).

I've tried re-seating the CPU cooler a couple of times, using Arctic MX-4 thermal paste applying only a pea size amount to the CPU after cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol.
Most 4770K's can do 4.2GHz - 4.4GHz without touching the voltage.
Why don't you test it yourself instead of asking for opinions.
Royale, make sure you have "properly" install the water cooling kit and check to see if it is working properly as it should be. I'd suggest you to go watch some youtube videos on that matter. Also, make sure that both the CPU surface and the copper surface of the water cooling kit are evenly flat. If those surfaces are not flat then you will have an uneven heat transfer. Last but not least, it could be that you might have a defective water cooling kit, go buy an high-end air cooler like the one I have in my sig. Test it out and see if you still get the same temperature.
(03-30-2014, 05:15 PM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you test it yourself instead of asking for opinions.

Because he doesn´t know how to do it?
Royale Wrote:unable to overclock over 4.4 without ridiculous temps

That's completely normal for haswell.
Pushing 1.4v to get a stable at 4.6GHz, hitting 100c with IntelBurnTest on high (35c idle). Having no issues with the games i've played apart from the rare frame drop. Where can I find optimal settings for each game?
Pages: 1 2