Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Debug information translation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just realized: debug information isn't translated to the interface language? I use French for the interface, but debug information is always in English. Is there a specific reason for this, or is it just needlessly occluded from translation?
I think people just didn't bother marking it for translation. and to be honest I don't blame them. I'd expect anyone using the debugger UI to understand english, and everyone sane prefers english for technical terms anyway.
Sorry, I don't think I was referring to debug information. I just don't know what to call the messages at the top left, and they're sort of [edit]slightly maybe a little bit[/edit] debug information. Sort of forgot that there's an actual debugging UI in dolphin when I was writing the OP, and slipped.
You mean the OSD Messages (yellow text that appears when you boot a game)?
Yes, those.
Sorry to bump, but are there any plans at all to have them marked to be translated, even though it might reduce the speed of the application slightly?
Some dev have to do the work, and I'm unsure in how feasible it's...

(In fact, I don't even know if OSD messages can be made translatable)
(03-30-2014, 03:03 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Some dev have to do the work, and I'm unsure in how feasible it's...

(In fact, I don't even know if OSD messages can be made translatable)

It's not something that's technically impossible. Whether or not it's something easy or even elegant to code is something else. The most blunt path I can think of: you could always use a with a switch statement and hard-code translations for the OSD strings. Obviously that's not a very savvy solution though (and probably doesn't mimic how the UI is currently translated), not to mention a pain to maintain, but it'd work.