Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Only able to select Integrated Graphics with Direct3D11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dabroski0087

See the images for a quick explanation:
[Image: 3d9.jpg]
uploading pictures
[Image: 3d11.jpg]
adult photo hosting

Is there any particular reason why I'm unable to choose my gaming graphics card with Direct 3D11, but for Direct3D9?

My system stats and dolphin version(4.0.2) are in my profile if that would be helpful.

Thanks.
Lemme explain it to you:

Dolphin only sees your Integrated Graphics because that's how most laptops with switchable graphics work. It's not only Dolphin that does this.
Anyways, the framebuffer of your Nvidia GPU gets send to the Intel GPU to output. The result of this is that you will need to assign Dolphin to the NVidia GPU in the Control panel and that most programs think you're only using the Intel GPU.

Dabroski0087

(03-28-2014, 01:08 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Lemme explain it to you:

Dolphin only sees your Integrated Graphics because that's how most laptops with switchable graphics work. It's not only Dolphin that does this.
Anyways, the framebuffer of your Nvidia GPU gets send to the Intel GPU to output. The result of this is that you will need to assign Dolphin to the NVidia GPU in the Control panel and that most programs think you're only using the Intel GPU.

Yeah, I've become accustomed to that. It's a pain in the ass for sure, but I have already assigned Dolphin to run with my Nvidia card in the Nvidia 3D settings control panel. That's how I got my Nivida card to show up with Direct3D9, however it's still not showing up with 3D11, which is where my confusion is coming from.

[Image: 3dsettings.jpg]
gifs upload
First off, set power management to maximum under "Specify the settings for this program:"

Don't use the dropdown box in Dolphin as a means of setting your GPU. If you have it set under Nvidia control panel, it will use the Nvidia GPU. When you start a game, the last yellow line will show what GPU is being used. It should show Nvidia.
Quote:Nvida card to show up with Direct3D9, however it's still not showing up with 3D11
Same here . It's normal
For more info : https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
You can verify whenever Nvidia GPU is used or not by using Nvidia Inspector . I did that . I can confirm Nvidia GPU is used with D3D11 even if it doesn't appear in Dolphin dropdown box