Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin has stopped working - Windows is checking for a solution to the problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mirado47

I have seen this problem on only a couple forums and none seem to fix the problem but im really interested in playing with dolphin so i thought i would ask anyway.

specs should be in my profile but ill post them anyway

Toshiba Qosmio laptop
Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M
16GB ram
latest update to Directx
Latest Dolphin (4.0-1279)

I can play for about 20-30 min then the game crashes with that error, and i cannot open that particular game again until restarting the computer, or re downloading dolphin. any consecutive games work once in the same fashion.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Give us the name of the games you're experiencing this, and post your Dolphin settings too...
Does deleting the Dolphin Emulator file under My Documents fix the problem?

Mirado47

I have used various different settings within dolphin and seeing as it works so well while it is going i didn't think that would be the problem. However, after deleting the dolphin folder in my documents and only running dolphin with direct 3d and my integrated intel graphics instead of the NVIDIA i can run and play more than once per download of dolphin. Thank you very much for that!
I would still like to run with my video card for obvious reasons. i suspect it might be using the card anyway, is there a good way to check and see if it is running through the video card?
Which driver are you using, 335.23? There have been known issues and crashes with this driver. You may need to roll it back