Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Swiss Widescreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Swiss GC allows for many GC Games to be Widescreen which works better then the Widescreen
Hack, Can this functionality be built into Dolphin, thus no need to keep Changing Disk.

Widescreen (Swiss)
[Image: Swiss_Wide.png]

Widescreen Hack
[Image: Widescreen_Hack.png]
Someone looked into it at some point. I don't imagine it's the highest priority as it's not a bug.
Also if I recall it crashed some games due to memory overflow issues.
There's a better solution being experimented on, just be patient.
I made a video tutorial so people know how to actually do it... I use it only for games that have widescreen bugs. I know games like Wind Waker will work with Dolphin's Widescreen Hack so it's not always needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfDE0UUJXB0
(04-01-2014, 05:05 PM)cicala Wrote: [ -> ]I know games like Wind Waker will work with Dolphin's Widescreen Hack so it's not always needed

Wind Waker is actually one of the games that benefits from the Swiss widescreen hack. With Dolphin's default widescreen hack certain object will not be drawn when outside of the game's standard 4:3 field of view, meaning that the objects will be invisible on the far left/righ edges of the screen and then suddenly pop in when they enter the center of the screen. The Swiss widescreen hack eliminates this problem and makes all the objects drawn in the entire field of view.
There's also a cheat for wind waker, though.
Actually, that cheat might've been what I was thinking about now that you mention it. At least one of the alternative widescreen solutions provides better results for Wind Waker than the default one. Tongue
There was a thread a while back where some of the devs discussed this.

Also made some comparison screens. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
(04-03-2014, 12:59 PM)SonofUgly Wrote: [ -> ]There was a thread a while back where some of the devs discussed this.

Also made some comparison screens. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

OMG I WANT TO DO THIS , can this be done to any GameCube game?

EDIT figured it out, via the linked thread, thx for putting the screens up
Pages: 1 2