Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried running Zelda Wind Waker and Zelda Twilight princess and I keep getting this pop up. Is there a way to fix it? I'll attach the pic.

Here's my comp info

System:
Windows 7
Manufacturer: Joy Systems, Inc
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6759 @ 2.66GHZ 2.66 GHZ
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.25 GB usable)
System Type: 32 Bit

I heard I have to download Pixel Shader 2.0 or 3.0 but I have no idea how to use it
1- We don´t support old builds (get newest from dolphin-emu.org/download).

2- You missed to specify your GPU.

3- That CPU is too slow. Don´t expect full speed.

4- You can´t download a Shader Model. But you can upgrade your GPU.
(03-26-2014, 07:17 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]1- We don´t support old builds (get newest from dolphin-emu.org/download).

2- You missed to specify your GPU.

3- That CPU is too slow. Don´t expect full speed.

4- You can´t download a Shader Model. But you can upgrade your GPU.

where can I check my GPU?
Get GPU-Z. Then post a screenshot of the program here.
You should have read the error message. I'm pretty sure your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run Dolphin and that's why you're getting that error.

You didn't say which GPU you have, so, I assumed you're running on the IGP from your motherboard. Then we look at your processor, a Core 2 Duo, one which uses LGA 775 socket, and in almost all motherboards compatible with that socket we have old IGPs like Intel GMA, which Dolphin doesn't support anymore since 3.0 era. Said that, you're out of luck, Dolphin will not run in your computer.

Also, you can't update pixel shader, to get a higher pixel shader version you have to upgrade your GPU, but even if you get a dedicated GPU that meet the minimum Dolphin requirements, your processor would still be too slow to run most of the games.

If you still want to try Dolphin in that machine, then you can use very old builds, like r7598 (the last version compatible with PS 2.0a) or r4598 (the last working revision for older Intel GMAs, like the 945G), but be adivised that they'll have a lot of bugs already fixed in current development builds and that you won't get any support in the forums, we only support builds newer than the latest stable release (currently at 4.0.2)...