Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DirectX 12 Discussion: Details Released (Fix For HD Texture Pack Support?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/direct-x-1...ls-inside/

So I've been looking into HD Packs recently but learned most of'em I gotta switch to OpenGL, you like that? I don't #DealWithIt!

Impact on emulation? Most hopeful highlight: Workload spread out on multi-cpu setups.

Let the Dolphin Developers' Discussion begin!! : P
That's not "details", that's "buzzwords and marketing". Kind of like Mantle.
(03-22-2014, 05:24 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]That's not "details", that's "buzzwords and marketing". Kind of like Mantle.

"DirectX 12 Officially Unveiled, Will Work On All Microsoft Platforms, First DETAILS Inside"

So the author is a lier? I see no reason for such a thing. -_-
Of course he is, he's a "journalist" for an online website. What did you expect?
(03-22-2014, 06:09 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Of course he is, he's a "journalist" for an online website. What did you expect?

Lol so you're one of the Devs I see, even if this is, some how, a hoax, let's pretend it's the latter. What are the possibilities?

Further more, this isn't a rumor now is it? Details are all over the place my boy. 8-)

https://www.google.tt/#q=direct+x+12+details
I'm not your boy. Random unverifiable numbers and buzzwords are not details, they're marketing. If you're too thick to understand that, help us increase the signal to noise ratio of this forum and stop talking.
Anyone else have some input regardless of "marketing" or not? xD
Delroth's right, you're wrong. Go away now, please.
(03-22-2014, 07:11 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Delroth's right, you're wrong. Go away now, please.

OMG... lol

People, the darn thing's been announced with a couple of details, I never said there was a gargantuan of info but this should be enough to wet our appetites? :\
What details? All I see is a series of sentences that are a variety of different ways of wording "it's better". The article linked doesn't list any specific differences or specs. If we don't know anything about what it does differently then how are we supposed to draw any meaningful conclusions or make any accurate predictions about how it could impact an application like dolphin? At this point we know just as much about d3d12 as we do about d3d14, absolutely nothing. You couldn't possibly have any meaningful conversation about it at this point because there is nothing to discuss. We don't know anything about it yet.
Pages: 1 2