Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Yes one more question of can it run it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

raiden193

here are my PC specs. Thanks in advance by the way:

Toshiba Satellite
C45-A
Ram: 4 Gigs
Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel
Graphics Controller Model HD 3000
Graphics Memory Technology DDR3 SDRAM
Graphics Memory Accessibility Shared
Processor Manufacturer Intel
Processor Type Core i3
Processor Model i3-2348M
Processor Speed 2.30 GHz
Processor Core Dual-core (2 Core)
Cache 3 MB
vPro Technology No
Chipset Manufacturer Intel
Chipset Model HM76 Express

its a windows 8 x64.

I dont know much about computers but thanks if you can help!
What games are you planning to play? Its not the best, but should give you no problem on most light to medium games.
Quote:Don't list your specs and then run off. Listing your specs (PC hardware information) and then asking what speeds you should expect would not be a valid post. Other things are needed from you, like exactly which games you want to play and what level of graphic detail you want or expect. Depending on the game, full-speed can be achieved on an average PC or the game could need a PC that is very powerful. It's not a simple all yes or all no answer (unless your PC is really outdated), so give more details when you post.

From the Hardware Forum rules. Note the part about games and what level of detail you want. Additionally, what CPU are you getting exactly? Toshiba Satellite C45-A tells me nothing about the exact model it's running. Of course I could google it, but you can't expect everyone to go through that process just to give you accurate hardware advice.

raiden193

yeah sorry about that guys since im not a very knowledgeable about computers i just posted the specs. I just want to be able to play Skies of Arcadia, The wind waker, twilight princess, Resident evil, and other games.

this is my cpu
intel celeron cpu 1037U @ 1.80 Ghz 1.80 Ghz
Hmm... that's not going to run well at all. Not a bit, sorry. I have the same CPU in a mini PC I use for emulating games on my HDTV. It's good enough for everything up until PSX/N64 era stuff, along with handhelds up to the PSP (not every game in PPSSPP is so forgiving though, but definitely playable at 480p). Dolphin is simply out of the question, especially for the games you listed. None of them will work fullspeed, or even at a roughly enjoyable speed. 1.8 GHz simply isn't enough.

On the bright side, there are plenty of other opportunities for emulation, just not from Dolphin.