Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Direct3D failed to initialize" with recent AMD drivers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I have tried everything I can think of. Restarting, reinstalling DirectX, reinstalling my video drivers, different versions (stable and latest), EVERYTHING. I absolutely cannot get this to stop. I even checked registry values, ran dxdiag, still no dice.
Dolphin just refuses to load at all. it always gives me this message and then crashes.
[Image: iJsURuC.png]
I have tried everything. It happened after I updated my AMD Radeon HD drivers. And before anyone asks, yes, I did try OpenGL. All it does is crash upon initialization.

Any help would be appreciated.
Roll back to the old drivers?
I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. :/ Dolphin is literally the only thing doing this.
(03-20-2014, 01:09 PM)Sepulcher Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. :/ Dolphin is literally the only thing doing this.

Dolphin is also probably literally the only GC/Wii emulator you're running on your computer also.

Unless there's something downright awesome and must-have with the latest AMD drivers, it shouldn't make a big difference to roll back for a bit and wait for the issue to be resolved in future driver releases (or Dolphin revisions if it turns out to be Dolphin's fault).
The reason I said that is because this driver update gives me a lot of fixes I was waiting for. It would be a shame to have to roll back for one program.
You're going to have to pick your poison unfortunately Sad
That sucks. Sad Well, thanks anyways guys.
I can confirm it; I thought it was just my graphics card being too old. I guess I'll get to debug this later on.

Edit; OGL was working fine; it was just D3D not working, dunno what to say about that being broken.
Yeah, strangely enough, my OpenGL randomly stopped crashing. But sadly, OpenGL is slow on Fountain of Dreams on my hardware while Direct3D handles it fine. Which sucks because I now have to ban that stage when I play Melee singles on my laptop. Sad
I blame AMD. Sorry there's nothing more we can do for you until we figure out what they did.
Pages: 1 2