Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario party 4 help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

greath

hello guys,

im ne wto all that stuff and i didnt find any tutorial here so i jsut ask for help.
me and my frinds want to play mario party 4 and ssbm over netplay and we have big issues with desync.

at ssbm it takes usaly 5-10 min till it desyncs but at mario party 4 its like after the first roll atleast one of us is desynced.
(thats usaly me, but not every time)
i do host this games with 50k dsl ( my frinds have the same)
we also tried letting someone else host but its still the same. we using all the same settings and the same version.
we use version 4.0 but we also tried 4.2
we have to use dual core on cause the game wont start if we dont use it

so can someone pls help us?
would be awesome to atleast play some games mario party without desync
(03-20-2014, 04:26 AM)greath Wrote: [ -> ]we have to use dual core on cause the game wont start if we dont use it

That is why it is DS'ing, I have no idea why it won't start without it (there was a bug in 4.0 like that and I don't see why you would go back to that from 4.0.2 anyway)

greath

(03-20-2014, 04:30 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2014, 04:26 AM)greath Wrote: [ -> ]we have to use dual core on cause the game wont start if we dont use it

That is why it is DS'ing, I have no idea why it won't start without it (there was a bug in 4.0 like that and I don't see why you would go back to that from 4.0.2 anyway)

Dual Core being off is the only setting required for stable Netplay.
The only known exceptions to this rule are Mario Party 4 and Kirby Air Ride, which always work with Dual Core mode.

thats what it says on https://de.dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/

thats why we got mario party 4 in the first place.

i did manage to start ssbm without dual core and got like 60% and you cant play with that Sad
Use the Dualcore Netplay branch. It makes GC games much easier. https://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/dc-netplay/1/
That was merged to master, wasn't it?
Nope; and it doesn't support a lot of games still. Also, please use the program winmd5free to check your ISO hashes to make sure they're all identical. Bad dumps will cause desyncs.

If you're not all on Windows, well, Linux users should know how to check a disc md5 without my help!

greath

Merge branch 'udpnet' into old-dc-netplay

can someone explain that to me? if i go to neplay i get this (look at pick)

have like no idea how to host or join a game ...
Right click the game, hit host netplay session.

It'll give you an ID in the upper right; the clients use that to connect rather than an IP.