Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii on Dolphin VS Wii on Wii U
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which would you prefer?

My PC and my Wii U sit next to each other, but my Wii is at the kids' grandma's house. Should I softmod the Wii U or keep playing on Dolphin? I'm sure the graphics are better on Dolphin, but everything probably just works perfectly on the Wii U. Please share your thoughts.
ill still use dolphin for its graphics and other various reasons Tongue wii u for wii u games or watevs
Dolphin all the way. Even if Dolphin had perfect compatibility and you stuck to 1x IR with no enhancements (making the Wii U and your PC running Dolphin more or less equal), Dolphin will let use just about any controller you want. Might sound silly to some, but that's a serious advantage in my book. Also, no need to swap discs (or resort to homebrew backup games) with Dolphin.
Plus, Dolphin has kickass features like online play to extend the life of a lot of older games. Once the Wii loses wifi support, that will be all that is left.
I get drops using real Wiimotes and the Toshiba stack, and using the Wii U is much easier than using Dolphin for my kids. I'll probably just do both. Thanks for the responses.