Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: help with xbox 360 controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
can some one help with how to exactly setup xbox 360 controller for dolphin? I am using SVN 3917 and I see both nJoy and Dolphin KB/x360 plugins

I tried to use both plugins but none of them worked--games will simply not recognize xbox360 buttons. Can someone tell me exactly which settings I need to check/enable and how to map the buttons?
Are you trying to use your Xbox 360 pad or the keyboard?
i am trying to use xbox360 pad as my main controller, such as:

button A & B in xbox360 controller = button A & B on wiimote
button X & Y in xbox360 controller = button 1 & 2 on wiimote
up/down/left/right (not analog sticks) on xbox 360 = up/down/left/right on wiimote when held sideways
Oh! you cant do that directly from dolphin, you have to use Xpadder
GooGle It!
Set the Wii Remote to -> Keyboard & set your Keyboad to -> your your Xbox Controller through xpadder
But dolphin should be able to recognize x360 controller buttons right? If not, then what is all those plugins for? I can get it to recognize the analog sticks movements in the plugins, but not the buttons.

Right now I just want basic buttons pressings to be recognized in game.

you mentioned "Set the Wii Remote to -> Keyboard". I believe this implies I can set wiimote to x360 controller. How do I do that?

sansnipple

those plugins (njoy and kb/360) are for gamecube controller emulation, if you use kb/x360 the 360 controller will work perfectly in gamecube games without any setup. to map it as a wii remote, you need to use a combination of xpadder and the wimote plugin.
Kapish?
(08-09-2009, 12:30 PM)sansnipple Wrote: [ -> ]those plugins (njoy and kb/360) are for gamecube controller emulation, if you use kb/x360 the 360 controller will work perfectly in gamecube games without any setup. to map it as a wii remote, you need to use a combination of xpadder and the wimote plugin.

Correct me if im wrong , but not only GC games use the x360 pad ^^ ?

The games on the Wii that use a Wavebird or GCpad CAN be played with x360 pad !

Tatsunoko vs capcom , DBZ Budokai series , Bleach series , Naruto ...
(08-09-2009, 07:07 PM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2009, 12:30 PM)sansnipple Wrote: [ -> ]those plugins (njoy and kb/360) are for gamecube controller emulation, if you use kb/x360 the 360 controller will work perfectly in gamecube games without any setup. to map it as a wii remote, you need to use a combination of xpadder and the wimote plugin.

Correct me if im wrong , but not only GC games use the x360 pad ^^ ?

The games on the Wii that use a Wavebird or GCpad CAN be played with x360 pad !

Tatsunoko vs capcom , DBZ Budokai series , Bleach series , Naruto ...

Yeah a game (GC or Wii) that uses the gamecube controller will work with a 360 controller with out special set ups. (at least in my experience with Mario Kart)
what is the default keyboard mapping on wiimote? for example key A = button B, key 1 to button 1 on wiimote. What about home, -. + keys on wiimote? where are they mapped to?

and how do I map analog 1 stick on xbox 360 controller to the analog stick on nunchuck?
Pages: 1 2