Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: List of games that require LLE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know if there is currently a list anywhere that lists out games that either require or don't require LLE? Right now I've only been able to find out on specific game wiki pages or on forum posts. A list would be pretty helpful to have and easier, as if you can get away with using HLE you would be saving a decent amount of performance.
Well what is your definition of "requires"? Do you mean to run the game at all or to run well?
(03-19-2014, 12:45 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Well what is your definition of "requires"? Do you mean to run the game at all or to run well?

My thinking would be games that either won't run, or sound effects are missing etc, similar to Mario Galaxy that if you don't use LLE the music stops playing.
Well, all of the zelda ucode games I would think for starters (SMG1/2, LoZ: WW, LoZ: TP GC/Wii, etc.)
I actually haven't heard of any issues about Animal Crossing under HLE audio (though that doesn't mean they aren't there). It uses the "Light" version of the Zelda microcode. Though the Pikmin GC games use the "Light" version as well, and they have issues with cutscenes without LLE audio.
Mario Sunshine, galaxy (1 and 2), pikmin (1 and 2), Mario Kart Double Dash, Luigi's Mansion, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, the gamecube IPL, DK Jungle Beat, Zelda 4 Swords, Animal Crossing.

Apparently that's all of the non-AX ucode games.
Don't the factor 5 games do weird thing, too? I know they meddle with a lot of things at a low level.
Yeah, Rogue Squadron definitely is unusable with HLE
(03-19-2014, 08:02 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, Rogue Squadron definitely is unusable with HLE

Isn't that game and it's sequel unplayable?
Rogue Squadron is technically somewhat playable? You can get in game. The Audio is heavily broken.
Pages: 1 2