Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fix for Audio & Performance - GPU not throtteling - mayor bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

qwert77

Hello,

i had some issues with performance and extremely annoying sound crackling/stuttering(4.0.2). Various settings, like audio framelimit didnt rly help...

After some research i finally found the culprit using GPU-Z: The GPU wasnt throtteling to 3D(Gaming) mode!!
It seems the demand was so low that it just didnt switch to performance-clocks?! So my hd7870 ran with 300/150mhz 2D-desktop instead of 1200/1050mhz.

I found some instructions how to force ATI in performance mode by making a profile for Overdrive in Catalyst, e.g. here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/2764...rce-clocks

Problems solved. Hope it helps...can't believe im the only one experiencing this bug??
Under the laptop performance guide we list ways to set Nvidia and AMD cards to max performance Smile
This is a common issue that pretty much everyone who's been here long enough is well-aware of.

Which reminds me, I really need to put together a MUCH better FAQ that actually answers the questions that are frequently asked. The one on the website is shit and it hasn't been updated in forever.