Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Timesplitters 2 -- slowdowns and graphical corruptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I've played the remake of RE on dolphin before and had no troubles running it, but now when I'm trying to play Timesplitters 2 I'm experiencing slowdowns (fps drops to ~50-55 which causes the sound to stutter); also there's graphical corruption in the forum of fluttering white squares (hard to capture with a screenshot as they appear and disappear really fast!)

I have windows 7 (64 bit), i5 3470 @ 3.2 GHz and nvidia gtx 650 ti boost. 8.0 GB RAM.

Dolphin version 4.0

As for configuration on dolphin, under enhancement I have AA 4x SSAA and Antisoptric Filtering at 4x. Resolution is at x1. Scaled EFB copy is ticked.

What can I do to fix this? Any help will be appreciated!

Edit: Slowdowns seems to occur at only certain points; currently, mainly at the very beginning of map 1 (siberia).
Graphical corruption appears almost everywhere, though.
Timesplitters 2 works fullspeed and no visual artifacts with me.

Here is a Recent TF2 Dolphin Gameplay footage i uploaded
(03-18-2014, 03:52 AM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]Timesplitters 2 works fullspeed and no visual artifacts with me

Here is a Recent TF2 Dolphin Gameplay footage i uploaded

Well, it sure is great that it works smoothly for you. Question is what can I do to get the same result over here :p
(03-18-2014, 04:08 AM)Kevat Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it sure is great that it works smoothly for you. Question is what can I do to get the same result over here :p

Try posting an Image of the Visual artifacts your having
Post your Dolphin settings as well. TimeSplitters 2 is a very light, non-demanding game; you shouldn't be getting slowdowns with your hardware unless you are using a very recent development revision (OpenGL has become slow on Nvidia hardware) with OGL. If you are on a recent dev build, try switching to D3D.
Heya.

1) It's near impossible to catch the white corruption with a screenshot as they disappear very bloody fast. I have tried several times.

2) Is there an easy to post my Dolphin settings? Or need I take a screenshot of every page?

Edit: I had my "backened" under "general" set to Direct3D9. Changing this to Direct3D11 eliminated the visual corruption, however the area-specific slowdowns persist.
For your Dolphin settings, you have to post each "page" or "tab" of options. The following should be the only ones of interest to us:

Click the Config button in Dolphin and take screenshots of the General and Audio tabs.
Click the Graphics button in Dolphin and take screenshots of the General, Hacks, and Enhancements tabs.
(03-18-2014, 01:54 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]For your Dolphin settings, you have to post each "page" or "tab" of options. The following should be the only ones of interest to us:

Click the Config button in Dolphin and take screenshots of the General and Audio tabs.
Click the Graphics button in Dolphin and take screenshots of the General, Hacks, and Enhancements tabs.

lol that took some time to do, but here you have them:
OpenGL and D3D9 will probably be faster on your computer.
(03-18-2014, 03:51 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]OpenGL and D3D9 will probably be faster on your computer.

D3D9 has some graphical corruption with this game and has the slowdowns as well, but the game works very smoothly with opengl as well as is free of any corruption. Thanks!

What, though, is the difference between opengl and D3D11? In terms of graphics.
Pages: 1 2