Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running latest development build question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the latest Dolphin 4.0.2 installed on my system. I have noticed the development builds don't come with an installer. What is the proper way to use these so that the properly installed stable build and development build don't conflict? I'm assuming, I can just extract the development build and run it separate and not worry?

Another question, I know things can change in development builds from the stable release, but is it normal for features that worked well to be removed for some reason? I have noticed in the latest dev build, the Vertex hack is missing from OpenGL, which works great for me in 4.0.2. Or is it now just always on in OpenGL mode?
We usually suggest that you uninstall the stable and just run the dev builds so that there aren't any conflicts.
If you do want to run both, the create an empty .txt file named "portable.txt" and put it in the dev build main folder. This way it won't use the Global Directory.

If you're running the latest Nvidia drivers past 332.21, Nvidia introduced OpenGL 4.4, so Dolphin uses new instructions in 4.4 to achieve the same speeds as the Vertex Streaming Hack.
However, as of dev build 4.0-1192, OpenGL performance has taken a harder hit in performance than D3D because of an accuracy implementation.
(03-18-2014, 12:21 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]We usually suggest that you uninstall the stable and just run the dev builds so that there aren't any conflicts.
If you do want to run both, the create an empty .txt file named "portable.txt" and put it in the dev build main folder. This way it won't use the Global Directory.

If you're running the latest Nvidia drivers past 332.21, Nvidia introduced OpenGL 4.4, so Dolphin uses new instructions in 4.4 to achieve the same speeds as the Vertex Streaming Hack.
However, as of dev build 4.0-1192, OpenGL performance has taken a harder hit in performance than D3D because of an accuracy implementation.

Thanks for your reply. I am actually running a beta driver above 335 at the moment (I test drivers for nVidia). I did just read that article about OpenGL - how things change! I will try the latest build with D3D. I run a 780 Ti, so hopefully the loss isn't too bad.
Duh, I saw your post on the Pixel Perfect thread before I posted

Have Nvidia work on their integer math performance Tongue
(03-18-2014, 12:40 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Duh, I saw your post on the Pixel Perfect thread before I posted

Have Nvidia work on their integer math performance Tongue

I'll mention it to them, but I think Maxwell is going to be the solution first. Smile