Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: somewhere between 4.0-889 abd 4.0-905 causes seg fault on linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When trying to open a game from the browser the emulator will crash with a segmentation fault when using build 4.0-905 and above. For some reason if you goto file>open and choose the .gcz file manually it will run the game fine with no problems???

Note: Gamecube games are not effected and work fine it is only wii games.

Build 4.0-889 does not have this issue and will open any game from the browser without problems. Unfortunately there is 6 build gap between those releases so I am unable to narrow it down any more.

Are there any other linux users that can confirm? if not could a dev take a look.

Thanks.

Linux Mint 16
i7 @ 3.4
GTX770 (331.20 drivers)

Output from Terminal:
--------------------------
47:18:890 /home/buildbot/slaves/dolphin/pack-ubu-x64/build/Source/Core/Core/HLE/HLE_OS.cpp:43 N[OSREPORT]: 81200614->81300000|
Apploader Initialized.
47:18:890 /home/buildbot/slaves/dolphin/pack-ubu-x64/build/Source/Core/Core/HLE/HLE_OS.cpp:43 N[OSREPORT]: 81200630->81300000| This Apploader built Dec 11 2009 16:01:01 for RVL
Segmentation fault
Linux x86 or x86_64?
Do you have cheats enabled?
Hi Delroth. Thanks for taking a look at this. I am running x86_64.

I set the logging options to "warning" and have attached a log to this post. It does mention that pinned memory extension is not installed, could that cause the problem?

Major,

I have checked and cheats are disabled. Out of interest I did try enabling it but it made no diffrence.
Update!

I have successfully installed the latest linux nvidia driver 334.21 and everything works as normal again (tested with 4.0-1206).

I suspect the pinned memory (or buffer storage) detection may be the cause of the issue as driver 331.20 does not have support for it.

Hope this helps
Yeah, known issue (with the nvidia drivers). Thanks for confirming that it affects the Linux drivers as well, though Smile

If you'd like to have your drivers up2date regardless, you may want to check the "Ignore format changes" checkbox in the Hacks tab of the graphics configuration. That might cause graphical glitches in a limited number of games, but you should be able to run Dolphin without crashes..