Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade in Big Picture Mode (Nvidia Shield Compatibility)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EternalGamer2

Hi All,

I'm trying to get my copy of Xenoblade working on my Nvidia shield by adding the Dolphin executable in Steam. The emulator itself boots fine but then when I try to boot Xenblade the whole thing locks up and I have to Cntrl+Alt+Del to close Dolphin.

At first I thought this was a problem with the Shield, but then I tried doing the same thing in Big Picture Mode in Steam and it had the exact same problem. Since the Shield requires Big Picture mode to stream games, I'm pretty sure this is what my problem is.

I'm hoping someone can offer some settings or a work around for this. It would even help if others are able to tell me if they can get Xenoblade running in Big Picture Mode in Steam themselves. I am trying to figure out where the problem is.

Here are my system specs:

Dolphin Version: 4.0-1202 (current build)

PC:

Intel i7 4770K
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce 780 OC
16 GB DDR 3 Kingston Hyper Blu Ram
Windows 8 Operating System

Thanks in advance for any help.
Are all your drivers up to date?

EternalGamer2

(03-16-2014, 06:39 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Are all your drivers up to date?

Yes I just updated my drivers last night.

LIke I said, it would help if someone else could add Dolphin to steam and see if they can launch Xenoblade (or anything else) in big picture mode. Then at least I'd know whether it is my set up or a problem in general I need to work around.

Again, this only happens w/ Steam Big Picture Mode activated.

Since I read in the Xenoblade thread that Direct 3D sometimes works better with newer dev builds/older drivers, I went ahead and tried to boot it with Direct 3D instead of Open GL and same thing. It brings up the black window, then Dolphin completely freezes, both on my PC and on the Shield.
I used to run Dolphin through Steam big picture on dev build 4.0-364. Didn't try and stream it, but I didn't have any issues. That why I asked if you were updated, cause I know it worked at one point Smile
Haven't tried on a recent dev build, though.
Just found the thread I was looking for on Dolphin and Steam.
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...with-steam

Use post #1 or #3 for adding games to Steam (that's what I did)
Use the OpenGL backend

Let us know if this works for you.