Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin.exe has stopped working, after 15 minutes of gameplay of Xenoblade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using he 4.0.2 version, everything runs smoothly for 10-15 minutes then it says Dolphin.exe has stopped working. I ran it as administrator as well.
Is there anything specific that happened right before the crash, or that you did?

Also, try not running this stuff as administrator. I know of a few programs which seem like they might need elevated privileges that break entirely when they're given elevated privileges.
Check your temps if it happens with all your games
(03-16-2014, 05:32 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything specific that happened right before the crash, or that you did?

Also, try not running this stuff as administrator. I know of a few programs which seem like they might need elevated privileges that break entirely when they're given elevated privileges.

(03-16-2014, 07:18 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Check your temps if it happens with all your games

No, it just happens randomly, at the shop, running around.
My temp is always fine with any game I played. Even with skyrim and 100+ mods it works fine
Dolphin will push your system a LOT harder than skyrim. Skyrim mostly tests your RAM and GPU, while Dolphin will seriously test your CPU.

Also, no, temps would have nothing to do with a bug like this, probably.

See if the bug stops when you don't run Dolphin with elevated privileges.
(03-16-2014, 11:13 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin will push your system a LOT harder than skyrim. Skyrim mostly tests your RAM and GPU, while Dolphin will seriously test your CPU.

Also, no, temps would have nothing to do with a bug like this, probably.

See if the bug stops when you don't run Dolphin with elevated privileges.

I use Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell, Core speed is 4490 MHz
kinkinkijkin Wrote:See if the bug stops when you don't run Dolphin with elevated privileges