Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best CPU for Dolphin WITHOUT Overclocking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
But you just said
Quote:Any laptops under $1250 that you'd recommend with good CPUs?
Now that's $2000 for you , you changed your mind too fast there
With 2000 bucks , you can jump straight into the new Razer Blade with latest GTX 870M , 14" 3200x1800 touchscreen IGZO Japanese display from Sharp
You can preorder it from Razerstore
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade
But, i7-4702HD. That thing is normally at 2.2GHz, and turbo is only 3.2. And, I doubt it wouldn't overheat BEFORE turbo in Dolphin, because it is so thin.
I did a lot of research on their older 14" model since I planned to buy it too (I changed my mind though) . It seems to handle the heat so far just fine due to its cooling design .
At least , I can't find a single user complaint about its temp . Run Prime95 ok , no throttle or anything
A thin laptop like that, loading that hard without temp issues?

I say throw some money at them, hope to get such a magical machine.
thin laptop is good for mobility but I can't get myself to like non-removable battery ( Battery can explode if you're unlucky) and I can't access thermal compound without disassembling the whole laptop
I usually remove the battery when i'm not at work place
Fortunately , our Japanese custom gaming notebook manufacturer GTune offers removable laptop chassis (at the bottom) like Asus G75JW gaming one , I can access CPU and GPU easily
(03-16-2014, 11:09 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]But you just said
Quote:Any laptops under $1250 that you'd recommend with good CPUs?
Now that's $2000 for you , you changed your mind too fast there
With 2000 bucks , you can jump straight into the new Razer Blade with latest GTX 870M , 14" 3200x1800 touchscreen IGZO Japanese display from Sharp
You can preorder it from Razerstore
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade
I wasn't going to consider purchasing it unless it was actually a better machine than the MSI one you suggested. And even then I would just wait for the price to drop. Or eBay. I wouldn't spend $2000 . Ha. But apparently the Razer Blade weighs about the same as the GE60 Apache....well the average laptop is weighs what 7 lbs? So 5-6 lbs can't be too bad.

mozo88

I just ordered an i7-4810MQ with a GTX 860M for $950. I already have Windows 8.1 free from the university so I was able to take $60 off the price for not including an OS.

First post so I'm not sure if external links are allowed but I got the deal from Cyberpowerpc its the Xplorer-X3 9100.
(03-28-2014, 03:06 AM)mozo88 Wrote: [ -> ]I just ordered an i7-4810MQ with a GTX 860M for $950. I already have Windows 8.1 free from the university so I
was able to take $60 off the price for not including an OS.

First post so I'm not sure if external links are allowed but I got the deal from Cyberpowerpc its the Xplorer-X3 9100.
How did you get it for $950? I went through the customization and it came out to be $955.

mozo88

Actually $957.60 to be exact....
My i7 4770K does quite ok when not overclocked. 99% of the games run at the max possible framerate they support.
Pages: 1 2 3