Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: not a valid win32 application on winxp 32bit netplay version.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Smilax

Just a shot in the dark to see if anyones had this on the netplay version
(dc-netplay-4.0-648)
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/339...908b5e89d/

None of the netplay guys had any idea. I'm on an xp pro box (it's not 64 bit)

I've tried both netplay version, can't get either to run. I just get that dolphin.exe is not a valid win 32 app.

However, the newest 4.0.2 x86 version runs fine.

specs:
Operating System: Windowsx86
Processor/CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 840
Video Card/GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6850
Memory/RAM: 4 Gigs
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: Dolphin 4.0-648x86
XP isn't supported anymore - 4.0.2 as the stable version still supports it.
Windows XP support was dropped so that they could use Visual Studio 2013; blame Microsoft for making it a pain in the ass to support the older OSes with the new compiler.
I wonder why even bother using XP with specifications like those? I doubt that is what came installed providing he bought his system pre-built it was most definitely loaded with WIndows 7 or Windows 8. Either Windows 7 x64 or Windows 8.1 x64 would be a much better choice. Most recent software and games are moving away from supporting XP and Microsoft is dropping XP support as of this year. you are going to have to upgrade to a newer OS if you want to use the latest and greatest. Most recent games and software are being coded with newer api's such as DX10/DX11 in mind using the latest tools. I'm not sure if using the OpenGL backend as a workaround is still possible to allow those using XP to play but I bet not even that is supported in the latest builds.