Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game slowdown and Audio chops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am running Dolphin 4.0.2. My Operating System is Windows 8.1.
My Processor is AMD Radeon HD 8550g, my Computer also has 4GBs of RAM.

I have been trying to run Megaman X Command mission on the emulator. When I start the game, the frame rate seems fine, but when the first cutscene happens the game does 2 things.

1.The Game slows down and moves choppy slowmotion

2.The Audio for the first 2 seconds is fine than changes instantly to choppy.

After about halfway through the start cutscene into gameplay, the audio, while still choppy, is a bit less choppy, and the framerate and slow motion goes, and then goes back to being choppy for both 10 seconds after forever.

I have tries many settings and have no idea why i am having problems running this game.

HERE ARE MY SETTINGS:
PROCESSORS:
GPU: AMD Radeon 8550g

CPU: AMD A8-5550m with radeon HD graphics 2.10ghz
GRAPHICS:
Backend: Direct3d11
Fullscreen and Aspect ratio both on auto
Native resolution
No AA
1xAA
EFB default checked
Dual CPU Enabled
Idle Skipping enabled
SOUND DSP:
DSP HLE (Also tried DSP LLE)
Backend: Xaudio 2

I have no idea what is going on.
Anyone?
Your processor is probably too slow to run the game full speed. Audio getting choppy when the game slows down is exactly what is supposed to happen.

If you had listed your processor properly in the profile, I could have told you for sure what was going on. It definitely sounds as though your computer is a bit weak looking at what I do see. Command Mission is a game that I've played through and beat in Dolphin, so I'll go see if there are any ways to make it run faster without hurting anything.
(03-15-2014, 05:40 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Your processor is probably too slow to run the game full speed. Audio getting choppy when the game slows down is exactly what is supposed to happen.

If you had listed your processor properly in the profile, I could have told you for sure what was going on. It definitely sounds as though your computer is a bit weak looking at what I do see. Command Mission is a game that I've played through and beat in Dolphin, so I'll go see if there are any ways to make it run faster without hurting anything.

GPU: AMD Radeon 8550g

CPU: AMD A8-5550m with radeon HD graphics 2.10ghz

These are the processors
He has an A8-5550M which is too slow for most games
(03-15-2014, 06:06 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]He has an A8-5550M which is too slow for most games

What? I can run Sonic Generations at basic settings and Crysis. Is there not some settings I can use/ Basic gameplay runs at full speed (audio goes in and out) but most cutscenes is the issue. Or at least, as far as I have playyed, 20 minutes.
Comparing GAMES to EMULATORS is a big no no. They work entirely differently. Emulators are EMULATING a whole console, they aren't just displaying graphics, that'd be really easy.

Crysis is some computer game, that natively runs on your computer. Your computer, thusly, has an easier time running that game than say, an emulator to run a game that is meant for entirely different hardware. I hate when the unaware try to throw that in our face like proof, because it's absolutely wrong.
adminsclub,

Think of emulation like running a game inside a game. Dont you think if you played Crisis on a a computer inside your Crisis game, it would be slower? Of course because your PC has to do the work of 2 computers at that point. I am grossly oversimplifying it, but that is the basic jist.
(03-15-2014, 06:34 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Comparing GAMES to EMULATORS is a big no no. They work entirely differently. Emulators are EMULATING a whole console, they aren't just displaying graphics, that'd be really easy.

Crysis is some computer game, that natively runs on your computer. Your computer, thusly, has an easier time running that game than say, an emulator to run a game that is meant for entirely different hardware. I hate when the unaware try to throw that in our face like proof, because it's absolutely wrong.

(03-15-2014, 06:36 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]adminsclub,

Think of emulation like running a game inside a game. Dont you think if you played Crisis on a a computer inside your Crisis game, it would be slower? Of course because your PC has to do the work of 2 computers at that point. I am grossly oversimplifying it, but that is the basic jist.

Except you guys are acting like I am saying I am running Crysis at low settings automatically. When Dolphin takes up less GPU and CPU resources than Crysis at (high) settings does, your example does not matter and it is proof.

But that's not the issue, my originally statement was the game ran fine in certain instances, so there might be settings I could use to get it to work on dolphin if anyone knows any.
Anyone?
Pages: 1 2