Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low FPS and sudden game crash at Mario Kart Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Today I ran into a problem with Mario Kart Wii. I have some strange things with FPS: the intro and some races go at 60 FPS without any problems at full speed, other races go with around 20 FPS the whole time; 3 times to slow I guess, with awful sound glitches.

Daisy Circuit (Star Cup - 100cc) is one of those very slow FPS races, and after a minute the whole stuff crashes and Dolphin gives an error saying it can't write to some file in it's directory. Running as administrator does not solve the problem.

I will add some screenshot and a youtube video with some details later, don't have enough time to do that now.
Hope someone has a solution for this, the wiki gives a lot of other problems I gladly did not experience yet.

Thanks again for all the time you are willing to spend to solve my and other people's Dolphin problems.

Have you tried the latest dev version?
(03-15-2014, 12:53 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest dev version?

I'm using Dolphin 4.0.2, which is the newest stable version. Would the newest development version, 4.0.1146, be anything better cause then I'll try that one.

EDIT: When I just started Dolphin and play the Daisy Circuit I did not get any crash, so lets hope it was a one-time action. I still get average 12 FPS which is way too slow, compared to the normal 60 FPS.

It seems that sometimes when the graphics are slow the music still continues at full speed, or at least almost full speed, less slow than the graphics. How?
D3D + EFB2Ram can crash. Use EFB2Texture for now; it kills a few effects, but goddamn is this game slow with EFB2Ram.
D3D11 + EB2Ram is really broke (some games), more issues with SA2: Battle - Stage: Metal Harbor... and OGL+EFB2RAM is sloooow, collusion?

Salu2 - Darkness Knight
Okay, thanks. I thought I read somewhere that setting EFB to RAM would solve some problems with games but if it's way slower than EFB to texture then I will just use texture mode; shouldn't be such a difference I guess. Let's see if I can get this FPS up.

I think it was indeed when I got EFB to RAM when the whole stuff crashed at Daisy Circuit; texture mode did not give that crash.