Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote Netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I would like to ask about the state of netplay on Wii games (with wiimote and/or attachments) since I've tried it a couple of times and it doesn't seem very stable, desyncing as soon as any sort of gameplay begins (after menus). Someone seemed to make a thread regarding this previously, but it doesn't seem to have gotten anywhere: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ca...o-bros-wii

Games I've tested so far: New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Tales of Graces.

Now, I know the GC netplay is very good at the moment, just finished doing a 47 hour (total gametime) playthrough of Tales of Symphonia over netplay without a single desync.

I've followed the steps for Wiimote netplay, and even searched and read countless threads about it to make sure I'm not missing something, but it just doesn't seem to work.

So, I would like to know if it is actually working properly and I really am doing something wrong, or if it's just simply possible, but not playable at the moment.

If it is playable, I would like to ask if there's some sort of list of games that work, or what specific settings are needed to get it working.

Thank you for your time.
Yes, it works, with all games. If it's desyncing, it's almost certainly user error. Make sure wii folder is identical for all players, and wiimote settings are the same for every wiimote (including extension, etc).
I would like to know if this is the correct way to set up an emulated wiimote for netplay.

Both me and my friend have two emulated wiimotes enabled, with the exact same configuration.
Make sure wiimote 2 is set to classic controller too.
Yes, both are using the same profile, same configuration, same extension. The end result is still a desync.

Not sure if this is specific only to this game, but in Tales of Graces, controller 2 can do absolutely nothing else besides run backwards, open the menu, and press home... (even if there is not a single button set as home). Rather strange.
Just for fun, post your dolphin.ini and WiimoteNew.ini.
Dolphin.ini: http://pastebin.com/cBKiEXNd

WiimoteNew.ini: http://pastebin.com/FQtMENq1

We both have the same dolphin.ini, cache, and wii folder.
Hm, I don't see anything obviously wrong. Graphics settings all match too? What version of dolphin?
Graphic settings are the default Direct3D, didn't want to mess with anything just to test if it worked.

We've tried multiple revisions before but the one I used for testing today was: 4.0-1146
I don't seem to notice any particular problem with NSMBWii, the game runs fine, we get in game and play normally, but it seems to desync after about 10 seconds after the level begins.

In the case of Tales of Graces it gets alot worse. The game runs, but when you get in a battle, the second player's wiimote/controller sends weird inputs by itself, and the controls are completely wrong. Like for example, I was player 2 and I tried moving around, but nothing happens and I press the attack button and instead start guarding, press the guard button and instead runs backwards, and press a trigger then suddenly the HOME menu comes up, despite not mapping that at all.

And for further clarification, Player 1 can move/battle and do everything perfectly, but player 2/3/4 get the weird input/controls problem.

This is probably just specific for that game, but just thought I should at-least let it be known.