Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Snap Wii VC "This file cannot be used because the data is corrupted."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mezz

I decided to see if the Pokemon Snap issues have improved at all, because the wiki has only one report from 3.0. However, when I start it I get a black screen saying "This file cannot be used because the data is corrupted."
From googling I see that for some other games this means you need a save file, but I haven't seen anyone mentioning that it's required for Pokemon Snap. Also I didn't find any save files in the big thread-o-saves.

I checked on 4.0-1146-x64, 3.5-0-x64, and x64-tev_fixes_new with the same result.
Does the message mean that I dumped the game incorrectly? Can someone confirm?

Thanks!

(If anyone's curious why I'd care about emulating this game, nostalgia + anti-aliasing. Also I think I'd like to contribute some bug reports or code and this seems like an interesting challenge.)
I don't get this error.

However i already know that the doesn't work properly in hw video backends. You can't show pictures to prof oak. Other than that, it seems fine. And in software renderer, it works perfectly; at 2 fps.

mezz

Interesting, thanks!