Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys Smile

i want to run dolphin emu on my machine
iam not a game freak but i like playing games when iam free
so here goes my lappy's configuration

System info :
AMD Athlon II p340
Dual Core 2.2GHz
ATI Radeon 4200HD
RAM : 2GB

lol i know my lappy sucks but please let me know if i can run few good games?
i have downloaded dolphin emu , can you guys suggest me settings which suits the above configuration?
i will be very happy of you can suggest me settings(min.) to play mario kart wii ?? Sad

thanks in advance Smile
Yeah, that laptop is too slow for Dolphin, but if you want to play MKWii in slo-mo, use an older version. As Dolphin more accurately emulates the Wii in newer versions, the required processing power goes up. I used to have an Athlonx2, and it played a few games at halfway decent speeds.
(03-13-2014, 11:32 PM)artantaaa Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that laptop is too slow for Dolphin, but if you want to play MKWii in slo-mo, use an older version. As Dolphin more accurately emulates the Wii in newer versions, the required processing power goes up. I used to have an Athlonx2, and it played a few games at halfway decent speeds.
thanks artantaa Smile i'll try with older version.
can you suggest me few games which i can play with this configuration??
It was a long time ago, but I played NSMB at maybe 75% speed. Double dash will probably be faster than MKWii, but not full speed at all. You can search the forum for non-demanding games for more suggestions. You'll need a faster computer to really enjoy Dolphin. Be sure to check with everyone here when you're ready to get a new one. I've found it to be the best place for hardware recommendations.
Keep in mind that he has an ancient onboard GPU which is in "Dolphin Black List" . Not sure about latest Dolphin but that GPU cause a lot of graphic glitch in old Dolphin version
The sad thing is that this is better than what my computer was before I went crazy with upgrades.

I have an Athlon II as well, but desktop, and I've overclocked it. I can tell you this: I can only play REALLY light games on it.

And then the GPU? I had that one before. The first time I tried Dolphin, way back when 3.0 stable was new, I was using that GPU (desktop integrated, of course). You're not going to be able to play games with that GPU. It is far too weak for even dolphin. Plus, it's encountered massive graphical glitches with almost every program I've tried to use it with, Dolphin included. The laptop version MIGHT be less of a useless piece of crap, but I wouldn't count on it.
That laptop should be considerably worse actually.
(03-13-2014, 11:12 PM)RavitejaBhukya Wrote: [ -> ]hello guys Smile

i want to run dolphin emu on my machine
iam not a game freak but i like playing games when iam free
so here goes my lappy's configuration

System info :
AMD Athlon II p340
Dual Core 2.2GHz
ATI Radeon 4200HD
RAM : 2GB

lol i know my lappy sucks but please let me know if i can run few good games?
i have downloaded dolphin emu , can you guys suggest me settings which suits the above configuration?
i will be very happy of you can suggest me settings(min.) to play mario kart wii ?? Sad

thanks in advance Smile
I used to have a laptop with similar specs. It ran Gamecube games at 10-18 FPS and Wii games at 27-38 FPS.
It should normally be the other way around. You must have had some very unique games.
I had a desktop with similar specs. It couldn't run The Thousand Year Door (which I still can't run), nor SSBM, nor Wind Waker. And all of them experienced massive graphical glitches, AND, when I upgraded that crapfest of a GPU, I was suddenly able to play Wind Waker. Sort of.

I guess you could try, see if you're a special case, but hardly anything will run at anywhere near playability, and you WILL experience game-breaking graphical glitches.

EDIT: wait I already said all of this

oh well, sometimes redundancy can do well