Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSBB Black Screen After Data Creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I've been having a problem with Super Smash Bros. Brawl where after it asks to create data and whether or not to continue without saving it just sits on a black screen.
I've looked around and come across the consensus of "bad dumps" and "NTSC" not supported and such. I am currently using a PAL version of the game. It registers as 8.9 GB in Dolphin.

Specs:

Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50 GHz
Corsair 16GB of RAM
ASUS Z87 Deluxe Motherboard
AMD RADEON XFX R7800 Series Graphics Card
Windows 7 64-Bit Operating System

I've been looking around for hours on several forums and watching different videos. I could not figure out the cause. I am hoping it isn't just a "bad dump".
One of two things:
1) you have a bad dump. If that's the case, you're up a creek, and need to redump the game. (you can check if its bad by checking the MD5 hash)

2) It's just that point in the game where it's creating a savefile. It's a pretty slow part on the first run, and if the first run was interrupted the save file became corrupted. You need to delete the Wii save file and try again.
Updated drivers, and VC++.

Checked the MD5 Hash, it checks out. MD5 Hash: 549c19aefd56c3651571c32e3c32e5b3

Not exactly sure what else.

To clarify more into the error: Its not just a black screen, the FPS dumps to 0.
I just played it earlier today and Brawl is working fine. I don't know how to reproduce your problem.
It truly is odd, at this point it could be anything. Been trying to fix it for days now.
If you have the option "Insert SD Card" enabled under the Wii tab, try disabling that.
It was already disabled. So I enabled it.

Neither worked.
Okay, it looks like I may be getting somewhere.

So for the heck of it I downloaded Dolphin 3.0 onto my other hard drive and gave it a try.

It was interesting, it acts the same up to the point after the data creation. After going through the data creation it goes to the loading screen for the Wii menu. Odd, and then a warning shows up.

"Unknown pointer 0xffffffff Continue?"

Most of the time it goes into the black screen, or crashes altogether. But one time it actually went into the Wii Menu. The only channel of course, was the disc drive channel, which showed as if Brawl was in the drive.

I acted like I wanted to launch Brawl from there and got this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3801...werror.png

Perhaps here, I can figure out what is wrong and possibly use this information to see if it is also what is wrong with the Dolphin 4.0.2. If not, ill just fix this and play with 3.0

Any ideas?
Are you sure you're not hitting B instead of A? Which would try to boot you back to the Wii Menu? If you have panic handlers off, this is the exact behavior you'd see.
(03-18-2014, 10:00 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you're not hitting B instead of A? Which would try to boot you back to the Wii Menu? If you have panic handlers off, this is the exact behavior you'd see.

HAHAHA.

Jesus.

You know what I hate about some controllers? THEY DON'T FOLLOW THE USUAL ABXY FORMAT. My dumb ass was pressing A, which was actually B.

So simple, and yet, puzzling. The error was simple button binding.

This is actually pretty embarrassing. Searching the internet for days only to have it be a bind misplacement.

Thanks for somehow figuring out that I was pressing B. I was wondering why in Dolphin 3.0 it sent me to the Wii Menu.
Pages: 1 2