Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with Super Mario SUnshine [slow cutscenes]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The cutscenes in Super Mario Sunshine start to slow down once someone talks.
Otherwise game speed is 27FPS. It is a playable speed, and it is smooth.

However, this is the only game I have experienced problems with. 2D games such as New Super Mario Bros. run at really good speeds, 95%.
I have been using Dolphin as a replacement for my Wii while the TV is occupied.
Use the latest Dolphin, as 3.5 is not supported. Either 4.0-4.0.2 or one of the dev builds (which tend to be a little faster than 4.0-4.0.2 stable).
Hello.
With the newest versions, I am seeing audio Problems in Super Mario Bros.
Audio is very choppy. Mario Sunshine problem has not been fixed.
Your cpu is likely too slow.
I have a laptop with those exact specs so I went ahead and tested on the manta boss. With EFB -> RAM, 1X internal resolution, and tried the intro and it ran pretty smoothly. It dipped down to 22 fps but I'm on the PAL version and that would be like 26 fps on the NTSC version. Also, it didn't dip much honestly, maybe twice. Besides that it ran smoothly at 25 fps. Give me some cut scenes or parts of the game it's slowing down on and I'l try them and make sure your laptop is on high performance mode.
While someone is talking, like Peach, in cutscenes, it starts to slow down. I am on High Performance mode. Could you give me your exact settings?
Ok, I'm getting decent speed. Again though, I'm on the PAL version and Idk what the difference in speed should be. Make sure EFB is set to texture for games that don't need it on RAM. Audio set to HLE. I use openGl on my laptop. I know KHg8m3r said not to use an old build but if you want more speed try using 3.0. Just don't report glitches with it since they have probably been fixed. If needed download throttlestop(google it) to keep your cpu clocked as high as it can go. Try those settings and get back to me.