Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Randomly Got This Error!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rabbit

I was playing a Wii Game, and then left it on while I went to eat dinner. When I came back, it said the controller lost communication and I could not get it to connect again, so I just restarted the game. It worked fine, so I thought nothing of that. However, I wanted to play a different game so when I went into it I got an error saying "Failed to initialize Direct3D". Since then, no other games work, and I can not find any solutions on this forum or any other site. I have seen many people say update DirectX, but I'm using the Direct3D9 backend so that shouldn't be the problem, however I tried anyways. The last time DirectX updated was in 2011, and I don't think in the 3 minutes between switching games 3 years passed, so I highly doubt having an out of date DirectX is the problem. I changed NO SETTINGS at all between switching games, so please don't say that either. I have been trying for 2 hours to figure this out and it is really frustrating, so I would really appreciate all help. Thank you!
Have you restarted your computer and purged your cache?

Rabbit

(03-11-2014, 12:36 PM)rokclimb15 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you restarted your computer and purged your cache?

I did restart my computer and uninstalled and reinstalled Dolphin. Strangely, it works in OpenGL, so I did that but its really laggy. But then when I went back to Direct3D9 it started working again! I don't understand why, but I don't really care tbh haha!