Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS on basically all or most games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

athrun5

I got a problem with FPS speeds. In the past I could play rune factory tides of destiny at full speed with some slow downs and that was with a GT 210 HD, which is crap. Now on almost everything expect pokemon games and possibly a few others for GC it can hit about 50% speed nothing more. I tried playing Wind walker, tides of destiny, RF frontier and COD games. and nothing worked well at all.

My Specs are:
CPU Intel dual core E5400 2.7GHz
GPU Nvidia Geforce 650 ti boost
Ram 2gb DDr2 668MHz
OS windows 7

Please help me if you can
"Intel dualcore E5400"

There's your problem.

athrun5

(03-11-2014, 11:34 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]"Intel dualcore E5400"

There's your problem.

How is that a problem
Please explain yourself
Dolphin is an emulator that emulates a fairly modern console. Because of that, Dolphin requires very powerful CPUs in order to take what the Wii/GC is doing and do that on the computer you're using in front of you.

Your processor is underpowered to the point where very few games, if any, will be playable. Graphics card is more than powerful enough for this, it's all on your processor being so weak.

athrun5

But then how was I able to play these games before when dolphin was just about 3.0-3.5ish at about full speed on the games that are slow now. Besides that I remember at the start when I first tried the emulator almost all games I played was full speed and it was the same CPU at all times. What has changed
New revisions are more accurate, and thus require stronger hardware.
3.0-3.5 were more inaccurate, had more bugs, and were less intense

athrun5

Ok thank you for your help I now understand. May you have a good night.
Overclock your E5700 @ 3.6GHz or higher to get more FPS
Not all chips overclock the same.

He should "overclock as much as he can", not "overclock to 3.6". Why do I say this? I've been told by people to overclock my Radeon HD 5770 to 960/1350 like everone else, but I can't stable past 920/1225.

And then there's aging to take into account. If he's had this CPU for a while, then he might only be able to push half of what he used to be. I, myself, had my maximum OC reduced by ~200 MHz in the past month or so, so it's not like it takes a really long time for a chip to age.
No shit. When we say "Yeah, you should oc to like 4.4GHz", it means we tell person x to try to get to 4.4Ghz as close as possible. This guy has almost 5.500 Posts, I think he'd know better.

Chips aging is actually more related to going over the recommend voltage. If you keep it safe, the chip shouldn't age and the OC should stay the same no matter what.
Pages: 1 2