Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skylanders Spyros Adventure low FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chedz23

Hi folks -

I've been trying Skylanders Spyros Adventure and I'm only getting in the neighborhood of 20-35 FPS during actual gameplay. I've searched the forums and haven't been able to solve my issue, so I hope I can get an answer here.

Please see my signature for my Gaming Laptop specs. For the Dolphin 4.0.2 config, I'm using the same settings outlined in the Performance Guide from the main page of the Dolphin website, with the exception of the Backend Graphics. I tried OpenGL as suggested, but Dolphin freezes up on me within a few seconds when I try to load the game. Instead I'm using Direct3D11, and everything loads great. It runs at 60 FPS up until I select which save slot I want to play, then the FPS drop to below 20 FPS until the intro scenes finish up, then I get a small increase in FPS to the 20-35 FPS range I mentioned earlier during actual gameplay.

Are my CPU and GPU just not good enough to play this game any faster or is there something else I should tweak from the recommended settings? Has anyone successfully played this game at close to 60 FPS? Once I got the portal of power working I thought I'd be home free, but that's not the case.

Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions and thanks to the developers for an outstanding software program! I play several other games at full speed, so it's been an great experience!
It's slow for everybody. There is no PC available today that can play the game at close to 60 FPS.

Either we wait for the Dolphin USB device emulation to become faster or wait for faster PC's.

chedz23

(03-10-2014, 02:50 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]It's slow for everybody. There is no PC available today that can play the game at close to 60 FPS.

Either we wait for the Dolphin USB device emulation to become faster or wait for faster PC's.

Thanks. Too bad it won't run faster, but glad to know it's not just my setup.