Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Extreme Memory Leak with Version 4.0+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-10-2014, 04:25 PM)Boondocks207 Wrote: [ -> ]Aw yes, I just moved the .dll files over (stupid me didn't think of that for some reason) and 298 doesn't work at all, either.
OK...so when did it actually start?

(03-10-2014, 04:25 PM)Boondocks207 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't quite know how I can answer what driver that is? It's the driver that just shows battery life. It doesn't have anything to do with making the controller actually work with the computer. THAT driver is automatically installed.
Yes, I'm not interested in the windows-installed one. I'm interested in the one you installed. Do you have a link to it?
(03-10-2014, 04:49 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2014, 04:25 PM)Boondocks207 Wrote: [ -> ]Aw yes, I just moved the .dll files over (stupid me didn't think of that for some reason) and 298 doesn't work at all, either.
OK...so when did it actually start?

(03-10-2014, 04:25 PM)Boondocks207 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't quite know how I can answer what driver that is? It's the driver that just shows battery life. It doesn't have anything to do with making the controller actually work with the computer. THAT driver is automatically installed.
Yes, I'm not interested in the windows-installed one. I'm interested in the one you installed. Do you have a link to it?

It would have actually started at -298 the one that I can actually download and run before that does work.

The driver that I would be using would be from here https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us...or-windows
(03-10-2014, 04:58 PM)Boondocks207 Wrote: [ -> ]The driver that I would be using would be from here https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us...or-windows

Ah, OK. I thought you meant a third party one. Anyways, have you tried uninstalling that one? I notice the latest supported version of Windows is 7, not 8.1...

Otherwise, you'll need to take some memory dump while the leak is happening...
(03-10-2014, 05:05 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2014, 04:58 PM)Boondocks207 Wrote: [ -> ]The driver that I would be using would be from here https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us...or-windows

Ah, OK. I thought you meant a third party one. Anyways, have you tried uninstalling that one? I notice the latest supported version of Windows is 7, not 8.1...

Otherwise, you'll need to take some memory dump while the leak is happening...

I just did so, it didn't seem to have any change on the memory leak.

Greenwire

I would like to confirm that the memory leak is happening exactly as described. Using build 4.0-1446, trying to access the controller setup menus or launching the game causes a crazy memory leak that consumes all 32 gigs of memory within 10 seconds.

I have narrowed down the problem to use with my Nvidia SHIELD. When my SHIELD is paired to the computer, it causes this issue with 100% repeatability. As soon as it is disconnected from streaming, Dophin performs flawlessly.

To my knowledge, the SHIELD acts as a controller using Xinput. Any device or controller that does the same would most likely also cause this issue. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what those other devices are.

I've also troubleshooted different streaming techniques to rule out compression issues. Splashtop works great, therefore it must be related directly to the way Dolphin sees controllers.

Cheers!
Hm, neat. Maybe we can find someone with a SHIELD who can debug it then :p

Greenwire

(04-23-2014, 04:50 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, neat. Maybe we can find someone with a SHIELD who can debug it then :p

I'd be more than happy to lend my aid if I can! If someone wants to walk me through some steps to get the dev team an accurate bug report, I'd be willing to work with them as much as possible to get this issue resolved. Streaming Dolphin on the shield is one of the coolest uses I've had so far, so I'd be very inclined to participate.

Feel free to message me if you're interested in working together.
Pages: 1 2