Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Good PC, Bad FPS ?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tharrgor

Hey,
I have an good enough PC but still bad FPS ?!
I have no clue why...
Some Months ago I played much Dolphin and everything was fine, but today I Downloaded Dolphin again and nothing wants to work -.-

Specs :
CPU : AMD Phenon II 965 @ 3.4 Ghz
RAM : 6 gb
GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium

I left all the Dolphin settings to Standart and Activated Dual Core for evry game,
and also tried 3D9, 3D11 and OpenGL nothing helped.

I tried the Games :
Zelda Wind Waker
Zelda Twilight Princess
MH Tri
Even Wind Waker has only 25-28 FPS
1- Most Zelda games have a max FPS of 30 during gameplay, so 25-28 is almost perfect.

2- It´s not as good as you think. AMD CPUs tend to be slower than Intel´s.

3- Take in mind that both WW and TP need LLE to prevent hangs, thing that makes them even more demanding (WW)/pretty demanding (TP).
Tharrgor, what was the last revision you used "months ago" and what's the latest one you're using? It's pretty hard to give you a straight answer without knowing that.

Your profile says 4.0.2, so I'm assuming you were on 3.5 or some 3.5-xxxx build beforehand. You really ought to try the latest development revisions (4.0-1130 at the time of this writing). They've gotten a lot faster than 4.0.x stable builds.

Tharrgor

(03-10-2014, 06:55 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]1- Most Zelda games have a max FPS of 30 during gameplay, so 25-28 is almost perfect.

2- It´s not as good as you think. AMD CPUs tend to be slower than Intel´s.

3- Take in mind that both WW and TP need LLE to prevent hangs, thing that makes them even more demanding (WW)/pretty demanding (TP).

1- Jup I know that but its so laggy that it inst Playable.. Its more like 17-25 FPS

2- Know that too Tongue

3- Also tried that :/

(03-10-2014, 06:59 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Tharrgor, what was the last revision you used "months ago" and what's the latest one you're using? It's pretty hard to give you a straight answer without knowing that.

Your profile says 4.0.2, so I'm assuming you were on 3.5 or some 3.5-xxxx build beforehand. You really ought to try the latest development revisions (4.0-1130 at the time of this writing). They've gotten a lot faster than 4.0.x stable builds.

Jeah sorry forgot to write it here in the Post my verison is 4.0.2 x84 like my Profile says.

It´s realy long time ago that I played with Dolphin but out of my head I would say it was a 3.5-xxxx build.

Im going to try 4.0-1130 now

EDIT: Only change with 4.0-1130 is that my Games doesent Start at all ....
Newer builds are more demanding. Wind waker for example now runs with LLE audio and efb copy to ram by default to prevent issues. Your cpu is outdated and is too slow to keep up with these games on modern builds. Your choices are to use an older build with more issues but better performance or upgrade your hardware. If you do upgrade your hardware use an Intel 4xxx series processor. If you upgrade to a newer AMD cpu you won't see very much improvement since their single threaded performance hasn't increased much over the last 5 years.
(03-10-2014, 06:59 AM)Tharrgor Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Only change with 4.0-1130 is that my Games doesent Start at all ....

Updating to the latest GeForce drivers may fix this issue.