Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Double Dash: BBA Emulation doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Julizi

Hello Guys,
for more than five hours I'm working on an correctly working BBA Emulation to play MKBig GrinD with my frieds via VPN!
I've done all steps:
1. Get a VPN-Connection via OpenVPN with my friend. Working!
2. Build a bridge between the TAP-Adapter and the Ethernet-Adapter. Working!
3. Created a second TAP-Adapter!

But it still don't work. Dolphin seems to open a TAP-Adapter but it doesn't find my friend when the game ist looking for other Gamecube-Systems.

But i use the newest OpenVPN version and not the recommeded alpha version. Does this cause the problem? I'm not interessed in recreating the whole server because it tooks two hours.

However what am I doing wrong?
What version of Dolphin are you using? I know there was an issue with older builds of Dolphin where the MAC address was the same, and you'd have to manually change them. I believe it was fixed fairly recently though.

Julizi

I use the newest Version 4.0.2
4.0.2 is the newest *stable* version, but usually when anyone talks about the "latest version" or something that's been "fixed recently" or "broken recently", they're talking about development builds. Try the latest build: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Also, for what it's worth, JMC47 hasn't ever managed to get BBA working. His brother has, though. I think. I don't remember shit anymore, don't trust my memory.
He got it to work in a local lan, but was never able to make it work over the internet.

Julizi

OK! I think i missunderstood something.