Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nvidia 680m slow emulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hate139

Hi i've been searching this forum and google for about two days trying to find a solution to my problem. No matter what i do I cannot play any wii games with decent results. The main game I am trying to play is Madden 13 but from the title screen on the sound chops in and out and the game looks like it is in slow motion. My hardware details are as follows...

CPU - intel i7 3630 QM
GPU - Intel 4000 HD / Nvidia 680m (Optimus enabled laptop)
RAM - 16gb Corsair Vengeance
OS - Windows 7 ultimate (genuine)
Laptop Model - MSI gt70 whitebook

I have enabled maximum performance in nvidia settings and default gpu is set to 680m in global settings. I have tried running the emulator by right clicking and selecting run with nvidia gpu. I have tried every rendering option available. I have even used driver cleaner in safe mode to remove the 334.86 nvidia driver and replace it with the older 332 driver. So far everything I have tried has not helped.

If anyone has a similar laptop that has this emulator working correctly or any idea of what else i may try to fix my performance issue any help would be greatly appreciated.
It's not your graphics card, it's your processor. The Madden series (for some reason) is absolutely brutal to emulate. I struggle to get full speed on a core i5 3570K in Madden 2004; so I can't imagine Madden 2013 being any easier.

hate139

(03-09-2014, 07:55 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not your graphics card, it's your processor. The Madden series (for some reason) is absolutely brutal to emulate. I struggle to get full speed on a core i5 3570K in Madden 2004; so I can't imagine Madden 2013 being any easier.

Thanks for the reply!

I've tweaked the settings quite a bit as well as messing with the per app settings in my nvidia configuration and managed to make madden 13 fairly playable. When I get a chance ill give a run down on what config I am using. The sound is no longer choppy as hell but I am getting fps drops intermittently. I can dig it lol. I wish they would bring madden back to the pc. Afaik I was having driver issues after clean install of the old nvidia drivers I was able to play all of the games I have with acceptable performance.