Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0.2 global sound distortion bug.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not quite sure how to even describe this, but might as well try.

I was using a Dolphin Revision between 4.0.2 1052-1058 ( wasn't paying attention and uninstalled the software before I doublechecked ), playing Resident Evil Zero. I decided to use a quick save state before the first boss fight of the game. I made this save state through shift+F1. As soon as the state was made, Dolphin locked up for a second, then jumped me back into the game. Gameplay continued to be fine, however the sound was just slightly distorted, zombie moans had a crackle undertone and sounded almost laggy, and everything just felt off slightly.

I decided to load my save state, as I figured that must have been the problem. The sound issues remained. I then decided to load my original save, figuring it may have just been the state bug. The sound distortion remained. I figured maybe the game itself had bugged out, so I stopped the emulation then went back in and reloaded my save, same issue. I restarted Dolphin and went back in game, distortion remained. I restarted my PC, and went back in game, and the distortion remained. Even jumping to DSound/OpenAL/DSPLLE didn't fix the problem.

I assumed the game was just buggy, and that I could deal with it later, so went to load No More Heroes 2 up from a midgame savepoint. It's audio was also distorted. I made a new save in the game to test the early game, and ran into audio distortion there as well. I then started game hopping, going to Extraction, Skyward Sword, the other Resident Evil games, and several other random Wii/Gamecube games. Every game has the same distortion issue, and no amount of fiddling with the sound settings seems to be able to fix it. I had previously played through several of these games on the revision I was using with no problems, and had no problems using save states on any of them. It was only after it appeared in Zero did all my other games suddenly end up affected by strange sound issues.

I guessed it might just be a revision error, so I went and grabbed the newest revision ( 1069 at the time ). The distortion issues carried over to this new revision. I went and grabbed 4.0.2, and the distortion carried over. It also carried over to 4.0. However when I went to test Metroid Prime on 3.5 I noticed my games worked fine again, likely due to it not pulling from the corrupted settings.

So I'm basically at a bit of a loss here. I'm guessing the savestate somehow corrupted my cached Dolphin settings for 4.0. So what I'm curious about is, how do I fully delete 4.0? I've tried uninstalling Dolphin, and the next revision I installed still carried over my settings/controller setup/distortion, so I'm guessing there's a hidden file somewhere that holds that info. What exactly do I need to delete so I can do a fresh install?
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t..._Directory

C:\Users\username\Documents\Dolphin Emulator

Delete that and you'll be back at square one. But make sure to back up the Wii and GC folders, otherwise you'll lose all of your in-game saves too.
It s "normal" save state don't working, use In Game save.
I have same problem, and someone have already made a post for that, If you start the game normally you have 100/100 speed but if you use save state you will have something like 50% 70%.