Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DirectX 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Mateja

howdy folks,

DirectX 12 actually has been released as of a couple weeks ago. Microsoft included it in the service package for windows 10 technical preview build 9926 which I have installed right now (x64 of course). go to directxdiag.exe and you will see it is running directx 12 (if anything was written for it).

here are some benchmarks someone did from guru3d.com:
   http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/directx...right.html

As far as applications that use previous versions of directx, I can say that it seems to run faster than windows 8.1 x64 with directx 11, but I don't think it is fully utilizing all the gains that applications written in directx12 would (apparently it uses multi core cpu's more efficiently. my 8 core system would see vast gains in this new software environment, I think).

In conclusion, P L E A S E implement directx12 into dolphin <3 Big Grin and thank you for all the magnificent work so far. this is one of the most impressive emulators I have ever seen. I am head over heels with the recent 3d vision optimizations for NVidia gpu's. would LOVE to see the full power of my system unlocked and have higher resolution and better fps. thanks again! <3
Mateja Wrote:DirectX 12 actually has been released as of a couple weeks ago.

Oh really?  Well then please show me where the SDK, documentation, and runtimes are.  Because last I checked microsoft hasn't even revealed what's in it yet let alone released it.

Mateja Wrote:Microsoft included it in the service package for windows 10 technical preview build 9926 which I have installed right now (x64 of course). go to directxdiag.exe and you will see it is running directx 12 (if anything was written for it).

That doesn't mean that you can actually do anything with it.

Mateja Wrote:here are some benchmarks someone did from guru3d.com:
  http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/directx...right.html

You do understand what they're testing there and why it's meaningless to many applications right?

Mateja Wrote:As far as applications that use previous versions of directx, I can say that it seems to run faster than windows 8.1 x64 with directx 11, but I don't think it is fully utilizing all the gains that applications written in directx12 would (apparently it uses multi core cpu's more efficiently. my 8 core system would see vast gains in this new software environment, I think).

That depends entirely on what the application is actually doing.

Mateja Wrote:In conclusion, P L E A S E implement directx12 into dolphin <3 Big Grin and thank you for all the magnificent work so far. this is one of the most impressive emulators I have ever seen. I am head over heels with the recent 3d vision optimizations for NVidia gpu's. would LOVE to see the full power of my system unlocked and have higher resolution and better fps. thanks again! <3

For the umpteenth time we need to wait until it is actually released before we even know if it would provide anything useful.

People please stop overhyping this into some miracle API that's going to make huge performance gains for every piece of software and hardware.  We don't even know anything about it yet.  This is some of the most ridiculous product hype I've ever seen, and that's really saying something. Wait no, I take that back. I remember now when d3d10 was about to be released how every news outlet was reporting nonstop about how it was going to be a gazillion times faster than d3d9.
Until DX12 comes out and people have had some real time to go over its capabilities, all topics about it are going to be closed. It's pointless to speculate, let alone argue over something nobody knows a great deal about.

Closed.
Pages: 1 2