Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AMD FX-6300 and GeForce GTX 650Ti
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

fabiot

What up people, as you can see i'm new here and i'm a little bit disappointed with my PC.

I'm tryin' to play WWE '13 but I can't get more than 40fps, 35~40fps average...

and it doesn't matter if the resolution is in native or full hd, AA on or off.. nothing matters, it's always the same thing.

Is my PC weak?

CPU Type HexaCore AMD FX-6300, 3817 MHz (19 x 201)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P v5
Module Name G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBRL (2 x 4GB)
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Video Adapter Zotac GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Most AMD CPUs are weak. Also which version of Windows 7 are you using (X86, X64)?

Try using OpenGL since it´s fast on NVidia GPUs.

fabiot

x64, like I said it doesn't matter the configuration, opengl or d3d its always the same frame rate.
Maybe you could try pushing (overclocking) your CPU a bit (MHz by MHz, only a bit) until you find out an acceptable speed.

Try with 4.0.2 and check Vertex Streaming Hack under OpenGL and check if it solves your issue. (You didn´t even mention the build you used, lol). Tongue

EDIT: Never mind, just found it on your profile.

fabiot

I'm using the latest dev version, 4.0-1062 and I've already tried the 4.0.2, unfortunately no better or worse results, not even in the backstage brawl match where I believe it should run better, same old s***.

i'm not overclocking my CPU because c'mon, it's a 6 core AMD FX-6300, I think its pretty awesome, I can run WWE SVR11 on the PS2 emulator 60fps full hd..

but thanks for your time anyway! Smile
6 cores does not mean its the best. Dolphin is a dual-core program, so it only uses 2 of those.
The way that Dolphin's code works, it relies on strong single-core speeds. AMD CPUs are not as strong as Intel CPUs when it comes to single-core speeds.
The WWE games are very demanding in Dolphin. If you want more speed, you're going to have to overclock

fabiot

gotcha, makes sense, thanks Smile

maybe one day the devs make it work for 2+ cores
They won´t. It would make things slower.
Most likely not. It would require a massive rewrite to the way Dolphin works, it would break a lot of stuff, and it wouldn't give a big speedup (1 emulated core being split over 2 cores = one core waiting for other core to finish before going on to the next command)