Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Large lagg when toggling fullscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, whenever I switch to fullscreen or off it, I get a 2 second freeze, visually and audio, then the audio slows heavily for a second then skips to the present time. This is happening on Brawl WiFi at the moment and doesn't cause any desyncs of course. After switching after those issues everything is fine but it is extremely ugly and the sounds are horrible to listen to when switching. Is it just an overload because SSBB is rather graphics intensive? I've tried all window options.
Try the latest dev build and see if it does the same thing
(03-04-2014, 03:30 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try the latest dev build and see if it does the same thing

I've tried those before when attempting to connect to WiFi and it completely freezes and replays the last 3 seconds of audio.

But I will try once again

Yeah it crashes the exact same way for some reason even though the same settings are being used.

I'm using version 4.0 because I have tried 4.2 and 4.1 and the performance is just worse on my laptop for some reason, not sure why since I am new to emulators and fairly bad with computers overall.
Found the problem, it happens on Direct3D9, but not Direct3D11. I'm gonna just have to suck it up since 3D9 is much faster for me than 3D11 (which only uses my bad integrated GPU)

Looks like there is no way around it.
Your CPU is a bit weak too, so you may want to start thinking on upgrading that.

EDIT: Even if your CPU is weak, you shouldn´t have problems running SSBB since it´s lightweight.
Switch over to your Nvidia card and use OpenGL
Set fullscreen res to auto.