Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Flashing screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sure, but I cannot upload any file larger than 500 kilobytes so I think I'll upload it to Youtube and share the link here.
This should be it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2khM1nAbc

Here is a video in which I show all the graphic settings and then play Sonic Mega Collection with that annoying flickering screen. Created and uploaded the video with Ezvid.
Hope it can help you find the solution, any help is very welcome.

Thanks.

NOTE: I saw that the video can't be showed the first few minutes after upload. Please be patient...
Are you going full speed? It doesn't look like it.

Do you have any speedhacks enabled in the game properties menu (such as vbeam speedhack)

I have no issues whatsoever doing the exact things you did. I think I know what's wrong though.

Basically some games (Paper Mario does this as well) flicker if they don't reach full speed, like if the graphics thread falls behind. I think that's what's wrong here. Or you have some silly hacks on for some reason. That's all I can think.

I'm playing it right now with no flickering with the default settings provided by Dolphin 4.0.2

I can confirm that the screen starts flickering very badly when you lose full speed. Not sure anything can be done about this.

EDIT: There appears to be a bug in the GPU thread; I'm not sure why it's going slower than it needs to be. Something is bugged with this game, and it is probably necessary for an issue report to be made eventually. I think it's alike the bug for NEOGEO games just with more severe results.
Well, I've got the same Sonic games on an old computer of mine, I don't think the game is running too slow or something. I thought that with my system I should be able to run those games at full speed. I run other Gamecube games at full speed with no sound problems, some Wii games are going a bit slow though.
Is there anything left for me to do in order to fix this or will that be a waste of time?

You say there's a bug in the GPU thread, could the game image be the reason why it runs slow? Something broken in there...
It's not about being able to run it full speed; I can too. Something else is causing the problem, and I'm not precisely sure what. That's the only game that I have a problem with, though, at least so far.
Well, please share when you find out! I don't think there is anything I can do about it right now. You said earlier you ran the game with exact the same settings as I did with the same Dolphin version, and you did not get the flickering screen? That's a bit strange... Got to do something with graphics card perhaps?...I don't know.

If I remember well, I did hear some other people about games who also have flickering screens, not sure, perhaps we can find a solution by trying those out?
You tell me, you're the expert.

Thanks for all the help so far guys, I really apprieciate it!
Try setting EFB to RAM and see if that helps. I don't have a problem with flickering screens, but the bonus stages in sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles constantly pause, but the speed indicator says I'm running at 100% speed with 60fps. Anyone else experience this? I;ve also tried setting testure accuracy to safe and still no luck.
I can confirm that. It's not that they pause, they seem to pull the "last" full speed frame and repeatedly play it over and over again whenever there is a ton of spheres on the screen. It's obvious a GPU bug. IF anyone wants to report it with video, I'll accept it no problem.
Pages: 1 2