Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card / Save Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I have been having an issue with Dolphin recently. I have been on a Super Mario Sunshine streak for the past 3 days and am pretty far into the game. All of a sudden, the game says there is no memory card in Slot A. If I start a new game, it creates the file and saves to it just fine. I tried erasing the Sunshine save from the memory card using MemCard Manager, but it still says the same thing. I have read multiple other threads, have re installed dolphin, and still no luck. All I have left to load from is a save state, which is probably what caused this problem in the first place. Is there any way I can get the game to force save to the memory card or something? I really need the in-game save functionality back.

Thanks,
-Chris
So I just finished the last level of the game, but now since I have been using save states to save my progress, I am at the title screen where usually you would go back into the game and do secret levels and such, and all the slots are empty since I wasn't able to legit save :/

Edit: I found that at one point I accidentally saved a state to f3 while I usually use f4. Although it put be back quite a bit ingame, I did the fix listed in that thread and now it works perfectly. Thank you SO much, you saved my game!

I love you Big Grin
-Chris