Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: save state error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

arthiasz

hi,

this morning i could play LoZ: Wind Waker for gamecube just normally using save states from the emulator, but now it crashes only when i press F1...when i press F2 it doesnt crash but shows me a promptbox something about a Wiimote "savestate loadstate cancelled" and "cant load state from other revisions".
how can i fix this?
If you didn't save ingame you're screwed most likely

arthiasz

(02-28-2014, 08:51 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]If you didn't save ingame you're screwed most likely

how come? cant i do something that can fix the save state or something?
Save states recently improved a lot in Dolphin, but they're not much reliable. If you can't load your savestate anymore and hadn't done an in-game save, then you're screwed and have to start the game again. As general note, if the game offer in-game save, always use that before save states...

arthiasz

*dies from the inside*
Next time don't forget to make in-game saves regularly and try to use save states ONLY for bosses or for some difficult parts of the game, etc
An error about wiimote in a gc game? Dafuq?
FYI, the "Can't load save states from other revisions" message refers to the fact that save states are bound to the version of Dolphin you make them on and cannot be used on any other version. Try finding whatever version you made the state on and using it there, then making a proper memory card save. Memory card saves are easily transferrable between all versions of Dolphin.
(03-04-2014, 10:41 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]FYI, the "Can't load save states from other revisions" message refers to the fact that save states are bound to the version of Dolphin you make them on and cannot be used on any other version. Try finding whatever version you made the state on and using it there, then making a proper memory card save. Memory card saves are easily transferrable between all versions of Dolphin.
That's not quite accurate, they often work for a few hundred revisions later. They work until save state format changes, which isn't terribly often.