Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DWC_AUTHDATA file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anywhere I can get a copy of this file and then I can hex edit if need be from there? I've dumped my nand from my wii into my emu folder and all that and I can use my little wii guys but I don't have a DWC_AUTHDATA file still after the dump and it really looks like we need it now. Really want to try playing mario kart online for lols on my hd monitor since I never bought a HD TV for my bedroom. (monitor is my tv now)

Thanks for any info or suggestions on how to overcome this.
(02-28-2014, 01:26 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you mean this:

https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/wii-network-guide/

I have 2 tabs of that already up :x. I got the pem files which fixed the first error but it doesn't generate a dwc file so im stuck on error 20115 now :\. (Edit: hm unless i can use that program to extract a dwc file. Nm, this seems to just download needed system files. I don't think it will download a dwc file. I probably have to extract it from my nand file somehow.)
Thanks for the reply though =).

Edit2: Maybe I can create the file with notepad and using a hex editor to fill it in?
If you dumped the NAND from your Wii and DWC_AUTHDATA isn't there then something is wrong. In your Wii, have you accepted the EULA and played any game at Nintendo WFC at least one time? If yes, you must have a DWC_AUTHDATA in your NAND dump...

(02-28-2014, 01:29 PM)Slaghton Wrote: [ -> ]Edit2: Maybe I can create the file with notepad and using a hex editor to fill it in?
It won't work, you need a valid DWC_AUTHDATA from a real Wii to fix error 20115...
(02-28-2014, 02:18 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]If you dumped the NAND from your Wii and DWC_AUTHDATA isn't there then something is wrong. In your Wii, have you accepted the EULA and played any game at Nintendo WFC at least one time? If yes, you must have a DWC_AUTHDATA in your NAND dump...

(02-28-2014, 01:29 PM)Slaghton Wrote: [ -> ]Edit2: Maybe I can create the file with notepad and using a hex editor to fill it in?
It won't work, you need a valid DWC_AUTHDATA from a real Wii to fix error 20115...

Hm, actually I haven't! I just played offline (zelda mostly). Let me do a match of mario kart online and and dump the nand again and see if that does the trick. Thanks!
I feel this is worthy of a bump. THANK YOU Jhonn! That was exactly what was wrong with my setup. I played one match, dumped my nand and extracted and BAM, there was the file. Now I can see the menu to select regional,etc,etc and i'll see if I can play a match. Matched played. Confirmed working.
Thanks for confirming. One more thing to add in the wii-network guide...