Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New to emulation not stupid, but I have a few questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

azadar

New to emulation not stupid, but I have a few questions.

#1. I have an Intel i7 2600 8gb ram, and Nvidia 570gtx video card. Is this good enough for emulation of NGC and Wii games at good frame rate and 1080p?

#2. I see official builds on the front page and than a bunch of nightly builds, than I see in the forums there are specific builds for PC's "tweaked" by coder how do I know what the best version form my current setup?

#3. Is there a way to save selections for each game on a game by game basis? So when I change settings for Game 1 that it does not interfer with settings for Game 2??

#4. Is there an easy way to turn on and off the controllers (wii) without having to re sync consistently when I start Dolphin??

#5. Should I be running x64 version or does that do more harm than good for emulations speeds and graphics??

Thanks!

Azadar
1. Depends...on the game but it should play some decently, not necessarily fullspeed though, i'm assuming that's the non-k version as overclocking would have given you an edge.

2. Depends...on the game, at this point in time just stick to the builds available on the site, different versions have new enhancements which could speed up or down a game, try the latest official version or the latest dev version unless the wiki states otherwise.

5. If you're using an x64 OS, use the x64 version, it has roughly a 15% speedup against it's x86 counterpart.

azadar

(02-28-2014, 04:11 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Depends...on the game but it should play some decently, not necessarily fullspeed though, i'm assuming that's the non-k version as overclocking would have given you an edge.

2. Depends...on the game, at this point in time just stick to the builds available on the site, different versions have new enhancements which could speed up or down a game, try the latest official version or the latest dev version unless the wiki states otherwise.

5. If you're using an x64 OS, use the x64 version, it has roughly a 15% speedup against it's x86 counterpart.

Sorry ididnt mention CPU it's a Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz but im using it stock..
3: You can use the game properties section for a lot of settings, and the INI files for even more settings.

4: Turn on continuous Scanning.
3. Yes, you can make game specific config files. See https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game
You´ll be able to reach "more constant" full speed in most games since your CPU is unlocked, so if a game is running too slow you can try overclocking.

But, take care with that if on a laptop as it has more probability to blow up than some desktops.
(02-28-2014, 05:26 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You´ll be able to reach "more constant" full speed in most games since your CPU is unlocked, so if a game is running too slow you can try overclocking.

But, take care with that if on a laptop as it has more probability to blow up than some desktops.

If you bothered to look at the specs he posted, you'd see he's not using a laptop.
For #4, do you have a good bluetooth adapter, 1st party wiimote, and are you using microsoft or toshiba bluetooth stack?

(02-28-2014, 05:26 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You´ll be able to reach "more constant" full speed in most games since your CPU is unlocked, so if a game is running too slow you can try overclocking.

Do you even care to double check what you say anymore? I mean really, it's an i7 2600K. That's obviously a desktop cpu. Even if you can't memorize that, you can at least you can type it in to google and check.