Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Debug Mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone,

I'm working on a NSMBW mod and using Dolphin to take screenshots and such. I've heard of a 'Debug Mode', with features like the ability to view memory and the ASM code. However, it seems that it is only distributed in source, and I can't compile anything. Might someone here have a 32-bit version of Dolphin with Debug Mode?
Thanks,
~MS1000
All the dolphin builds have debug mode, I don't have it where I am ATM so maybe someone else can tell you how to enable it unless I get home first
(02-28-2014, 02:02 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]All the dolphin builds have debug mode, I don't have it where I am ATM so maybe someone else can tell you how to enable it unless I get home first

Okay thanks. Do I have to hold down a button or something while I boot Dolphin to activate it?
No, it is either an option or a launch setting, I forget
I don't know how to start it on windows, but on linux, it's: dolphin-emu -d
So it's a launch setting
I believe it is the same in windows, just make a shortcut and at the end of the target put -d
(02-28-2014, 04:31 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it is the same in windows, just make a shortcut and at the end of the target put -d

This is kind of embarassing... but I don't know how to write the code. What I have now is:
start C:\Users\Malcolm\Desktop\Modding Apps\Dolphin 4.0\dolphin-emu -d

Is that correct? Whenever I try it it tells me it can't find the directory :\
It should be (you need the quotes):

"C:\Users\Malcolm\Desktop\Modding Apps\Dolphin 4.0\dolphin-emu" -d
If you're on Windows, I think you meant
"C:\Users\Malcolm\Desktop\Modding Apps\Dolphin 4.0\Dolphin.exe" -d
Shift right clicking inside the folder will show an open command window here. Type dolphin -d there. Enable tab autocomplete to make your life easier.
Pages: 1 2